Wetherspoons

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date
I popped into the William Jameson this morning while I was waiting for the museum to open (I thought it opened at 9). I've got to say Wetherspoons that time in the morning is a particularly grim place. I ordered a breakfast and a cuppa and was amazed by the amount of people buying beers. Is this normal now?
Amazed at someone having a pint :lol:
What exactly was it that left you in such amazement ?

It was the amount of them in your previous post, now it's the state of them.

Both to be fair. One lass, who appeared to be pregnant, had three pints in the hour I was in there.

Almost everyone in there was drinking. Is this normal at 9am on a Monday morning?

Both to be fair. One lass, who appeared to be pregnant, had three pints in the hour I was in there.

Almost everyone in there was drinking. Is this normal at 9am on a Monday morning?
Well it pretty much is if you pop into a pub. What else would they be doing ? It's like being shocked at going to McDonald's and seeing someone eating a burger.

To be fair I think the only time I've drank in a pub at that sort of time was when the Japan 2002 world cup was on :)

The only person I've known who drank at that time was an alcoholic. She used to do the housework with a bottle of vodka in her hand :lol:

You're missing out. It's class on a sunny day off heading out for a walk at 6am, going round the coast and ending at the pub at 9am for a nice well earned pint.

They didn't look like they did much walking :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Weirdest one I've been to was Peterlee.

Went in early doors and the lad in front of me had a Hartlepool shirt on. Looked hard as nails but was full of crack with the staff and others waiting.

He got served before me and ordered 2 Stella's and a kronenbourg. She pulled the Stellas and the kronenbourg ran out. Lass went off to change it and in the two minutes she was gone, said hartlepool fan had downed the two Stellas and when she came back he just smiled and said "best pour another two... I'm thirsty". Nobody other than me seemed to think that was strange.

Maybe I caught it on a good day, but everyone in there looked rough as fuck, but there was no problems and (unusually for a spoons) there was a canny atmosphere.

Weirdest one I've been to was Peterlee.

Went in early doors and the lad in front of me had a Hartlepool shirt on. Looked hard as nails but was full of crack with the staff and others waiting.

He got served before me and ordered 2 Stella's and a kronenbourg. She pulled the Stellas and the kronenbourg ran out. Lass went off to change it and in the two minutes she was gone, said hartlepool fan had downed the two Stellas and when she came back he just smiled and said "best pour another two... I'm thirsty". Nobody other than me seemed to think that was strange.

Maybe I caught it on a good day, but everyone in there looked rough as fuck, but there was no problems and (unusually for a spoons) there was a canny atmosphere.
Always used Peterlee spoons as a meeting spot to buy recreational drugs in my late teens. Nowt wrong with it. :lol:

Back on topic, a mate saw someone come out so pissed he literally pissed himself on the spot as he tried to get a bus.

The security gargle allowed him three minutes inside to portaloo at the bottom of Durham Bus Station.

The Security bloke gave him his three minutes, knocked to warn him and used a control at the rear to open the loo.

The drunk had only got as far as removing his jeans. The soaked red boxer shorts apparently didnt hide much as jalf the bus station got a view.

The security bloke had to close the door again but my mate says the image will be etched on his memory for ever.

Back