Wetherspoons

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

Had their day IMO, seem to have lost their edge lately, a few sold off to other companies but still masquerading as Wetherspoons pubs ( obviously ) and a few that appear now a bit a bit frayed around the edges.

Had their day IMO, seem to have lost their edge lately, a few sold off to other companies but still masquerading as Wetherspoons pubs ( obviously ) and a few that appear now a bit a bit frayed around the edges.
Agree. And, regardless of your views on Brexit, this daft shite they’ve got about changing EU products for UK/Aussie ones is mad. The one near me needs gutting and refurbishing. That Tim Martins like the fella on the front of the Cheerios box, he’s lost it.

I popped into the William Jameson this morning while I was waiting for the museum to open (I thought it opened at 9). I've got to say Wetherspoons that time in the morning is a particularly grim place. I ordered a breakfast and a cuppa and was amazed by the amount of people buying beers. Is this normal now?

I popped into the William Jameson this morning while I was waiting for the museum to open (I thought it opened at 9). I've got to say Wetherspoons that time in the morning is a particularly grim place. I ordered a breakfast and a cuppa and was amazed by the amount of people buying beers. Is this normal now?
Totally normal. It's mainly hard working lads down on their luck.

Back