Wetherspoons profits down by 19%

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Flared Hicks, Mar 15, 2019.

1. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

by fucking over suppliers. the way his company treats the smaller brewers is nothing short of a disgrace.

Purrfect South likes this.
  2. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

This.

I know who he is, not going to avoid spoons just because he doesn't like the EU.

The smaller brewers don't need to sell to him.

3. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

Any big companies about that don’t use their buying power to ‘fuck’ over the suppliers?
    I suppose small breweries could stop supplying him if they feel like it’s a bad deal for them

4. cluffy

cluffy Striker

As a teetotaller I appreciate his coffee situation

5. 87 Others

87 Others Full Back

Supermarkets do this to Milk suppliers tbf as well, doesn't stop me buying my 4 pints every week

6. Biscuitz

Biscuitz Midfield

something to do with diesel I guess

7. Love spoons me. It keeps all the knackers and low lifes in one place so they dont go to the decent pubs.

CissesUnderpants19, Makem57 and ozz like this.
  8. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

exactly. like all these people chirping on about brexit. i bet they still go out there and buy whatever is cheapest regardless of origin.

the milk price is a joke as well. 27p a litre yet a litre in the shop is a quid.

9. robbied1

robbied1 Winger

im.sure the powers that be will help.them.out like they have done in the past, in return for blasting the propaganda machine that is bbc news 24

10. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

My thought is that a small brewer with a less profitable spoons deal will probably get benefits from brand recognition.

Aituk7 and CEF like this.
  11. What A Waster

What A Waster Winger

No deal is better than a bad deal

12. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

So the small brewers are more than able to walk away

13. CEF

CEF Midfield

Small brewers probably don't get, or at least didn't get a look in at most pubs. Always seems to loads of different ales in Wetherspoons from all sorts of breweries. CAMRA always seem to look fondly on them as well.

14. That’s Fortnum & Mason for you.

15. Summer Bee

Summer Bee Midfield

they are, but then they'll always be small. a deal from a company that size, although it might be a shit deal gets their name out there and creates a much bigger customer base

16. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

I’d have thought so, but then it’s easy to say big bad spoons :lol:

17. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

theres a reason why spoons is always involved in arguments with different breweries.

18. Summer Bee

Summer Bee Midfield

why is that?

19. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

So they are getting benefits from the deal in a wider sense so well worth working with spoons

Aituk7 likes this.
  20. nyron4england

nyron4england Striker

they demand a massive discount.