West Park - East Herrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
it never gets used , the locals are Milking it .... sayin that if the council do build on there then likes of Barnes Park could be next :evil:

It's hardly a hidden gem.

Don't get me wrong, as an original Herra boy that top park and cow field have a lot of memories and I'd hate to see it built on, but I'd hardly say it was a 'gem'.

As previously mentioned I've had the bairns up there a number of times and never seen anyone in it (apart from me and the bairns)
I think even the most fervent supporter will agree, you very rarely see anyone on it.Not sure if that's a good enough reason to build on it though.

As others have said there are loads of canny houses available,just search Rightmove for anything over £150,000.

it never gets used , the locals are Milking it .... sayin that if the council do build on there then likes of Barnes Park could be next :evil:
Thatcher-esque.

I think even the most fervent supporter will agree, you very rarely see anyone on it.Not sure if that's a good enough reason to build on it though.

As others have said there are loads of canny houses available,just search Rightmove for anything over £150,000.

Thatcher-esque.
There are plans for masses of houses to be build up Burdon way, of which a percentage are going to be executive type housing. Don't see the need for houses in Herra.

There are plans for masses of houses to be build up Burdon way, of which a percentage are going to be executive type housing. Don't see the need for houses in Herra.
Unless the Council know somet we don't?

All seems a bit odd.

Isn't this all to be completed in 10 years. Nowt will happen.

Disagree like.
You would!

Ha'way, you must admit that it's not being used as much as people would have you make out!

Reminds me of shutting down the libraries, plenty of people outraged about them shutting, but i bet they couldn't remember the last time they took a book out.

Like I said though, I don't want it built on, we should retain as much green space as possible even if it's used occasionally.

there isnt a lot of choice in sunderland in terms of 300k+ houses, if they put 70 big houses on there i think they will sell in a crack due to connectivity to the a19 and a690, very commutable for teesside, durham, gateshead, sunderland. with a combined income of 70-80k you can easily get a 300k+ mortgage with rates being low. loads of couples earn that. will be good for the local economy

there isnt a lot of choice in sunderland in terms of 300k+ houses, if they put 70 big houses on there i think they will sell in a crack due to connectivity to the a19 and a690, very commutable for teesside, durham, gateshead, sunderland. with a combined income of 70-80k you can easily get a 300k+ mortgage with rates being low. loads of couples earn that. will be good for the local economy
That roundabout can't handle any more traffic, it's chaos as it is, nee fucker can follow the lines to keep to the correct lane.

You'd be pretty f***ing daft to do that mind Dan imo.

It's not happening Adam. Go build your houses elsewhere. You are not wanted round these parts.
I'm personally going to make sure it's built on now ,the lads down Fenwick lodge are with me on this one .

Nee fucker uses it that's why!
When I seen an alert from you on this subject I anticipated abuse ,thanks for being sensible on the subject .

Daft field no one ever uses that no one has heard of ,it's crying out to be built on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm personally going to make sure it's built on now ,the lads down Fenwick lodge are with me on this one .

I'm currently in the process of getting you black-balled from Travis Perkins. Word will spread fast once my good friend Paul (see Paul for all your construction based needs) is on the case. You won't be able to erect as much as a tent once this is over.

I'm currently in the process of getting you black-balled from Travis Perkins. Word will spread fast once my good friend Paul (see Paul for all your construction based needs) is on the case. You won't be able to erect as much as a tent once this is over.
Paul's f***ing terrified of me ,that why he laughs at my jokes before I've even finished them .

I'll be by the coffee machine in the morning at 7:30am if anyone would like to pop in and say hello /blackball me .

Paul's f***ing terrified of me ,that why he laughs at my jokes before I've even finished them .

I'll be by the coffee machine in the morning at 7:30am if anyone would like to pop in and say hello /blackball me .

:lol: I did wonder like.

I'm going to scatter so Roman artefacts from my private collection around the field when heading down to the Board inn this evening for my bi-monthly burrito and quiz night. That should sharp put a stop to this nonsense.

Badly needs?
Where are the top end executives who would be able to afford these houses working in Sunderland like??

Still plenty of top end housing around the city without the need to cut up and destroy this part of much loved local parkland.

Needs as in to keep the money in the city to help it prosper.

As another said a couple earning a joint income of £70-£80k could afford a £300k house. Thats basically 2 teachers.
Theres plenty of £35k+ around.

There'll be people from sunderland who are working in well paid jobs on tyneside or in durham but would prefer to stay here.

There'll be people who moved down south years ago & made a killing in the property market and fancy moving back.

If they want top end housing why don't they compulsory purchase all the big Victorian houses around Thornhill and restore them to there former glory. At the minute they are all being used for students, which won't be needed with all the new accommodation being built.

Apart from that im pretty sure you cant cpo for that reason, those arent detatched houses with gardens and garages.

Last edited:
Strong lodge mate. Carrys a lot of sway so I hear. The Board is bustling with pensioners with a cause this evening.

Strong lodge mate. Carrys a lot of sway so I hear. The Board is bustling with pensioners with a cause this evening.
They tried to stop the land at the back of summer hill being built on and failed .

Apart from that im pretty sure you cant cpo for that reason, those arent detatched houses with gardens and garages.

Many ex council houses in Hendon and Pennywell were compulsory purchased so that the council could flatten those streets.

The big Victorian houses are exactly the type that exist in Jesmond and some of the best areas of most big cities. Most of them have garages st the back and gardens at the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back