West Park - East Herrington

Most of those houses must have been built in the 50s (not disputing your point though).
Nor man ,the f***ing bit of land that was at the back of Durham rd /summerhill.They are just finishing off the houses now I think .

Locals were very upset about it being built on .

a) the plan is for 70 executive houses
b) it's a triangle which shows just how much you know about that square patch of land with a few trees.

A. I didn’t say anything about them being affordable houses but surely if opens a chain for people to move on.

B. I’m sure it’s as much a square as it is a triangle.

C. We can all label our replies to look like a c#nt

Ah right! That's the Whitten's house... that's in front of Summerhill man! It was a big plot like. Given it already had a house there, the grounds for objection would have been shades of grey rather than black and white like the park.

A. I didn’t say anything about them being affordable houses but surely if opens a chain for people to move on.

B. I’m sure it’s as much a square as it is a triangle.

C. We can all label our replies to look like a c#nt

It is 100% a triangle. I'll apologise if my inference was that you were a "c" but I think you've called me one back so we're even.

That is not just a piece of grass or a cow field: that land is the history of Middle Herrington. The vast majority of the bottom field is clearly identifiable as medieval strip farmland dating from the 13th century (or earlier) and the park as a whole can only ever be seen as "the park" on old maps. No map exists that doesn't call it "the park". To the north, there is an archaeological find that means they cannot build behind Hill Crest. To the West, there is a medieval well in the paddock. The park has never been the subject of an archaeological study yet it's the most pristine piece of land in the village.

It does my f***ing head in that people just see it as a piece of dead land. It isn't(*). If I lash out when people do not know this then I apologise... that's because the f***ing council want to build on it.

(*) Beyond it's aesthetic value, the park is used. Sure, you're not falling over one another but it is used.

Last edited:
Ah right! That's the Whitten's house... that's in front of Summerhill man! It was a big plot like. Given it already had a house there, the grounds for objection would have been shades of grey rather than black and white like the park.

It is 100% a triangle. I'll apologise if my inference was that you were a "c" but I think you've called me one back so we're even.

That is not just a piece of grass or a cow field: that land is the history of Middle Herrington. The vast majority of the bottom field is clearly identifiable as medieval strip farmland dating from the 13th century (or earlier) and the park as a whole can only ever be seen as "the park" on old maps. No map exists that doesn't call it "the park". To the north, there is an archaeological find that means they cannot build behind Hill Crest. To the West, there is a medieval well in the paddock. The park has never been the subject of an archaeological study yet it's the most pristine piece of land in the village.

It does my f***ing head in that people just see it as a piece of dead land. It isn't(*). If I lash out when people do not know this then I apologise... that's because the f***ing council want to build on it.

(*) Beyond it's aesthetic value, the park is used. Sure, you're not falling over one another but it is used.

Nice post. Informed response.

The reason they want to build on green belt is so that the builder gets more money. Which in turn gets paid to the people who help him to do it! Cheap housing is needed, there aren't many homeless wealthy people. The chain thing is minimal.

Brilliant post that. Hopefully it won’t happen.

I'm alright, I've already got a house in Herrington, fuck anybody else. Selfish and pathetic.
Correct ,it was ok when their houses were being built on green belt .
Folk of Cleadon are worse again !

Back