Went to watch Middlesbrough today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should be seeing a few more signs that the future might be a bit rosier though shouldn't we. We've been awful about 75% of games this season and below average in the rest bar Norwich and Derby

We have drawn our last 3 and come back from going goals down, that for me is massive for this football club as over the last 12 months going a goal down normally meant going a couple more down within a few minutes....It will take time to turn around the debacle that he inherited.

You did:
"And yet he has been successful in his last two jobs and the fans of those clubs were gutted when he left/was sacked".

What makes you say he will build a good side in time? He can't seem to pick even a near settled one, informations appear confusing and he stands in his technical area, pointing towards the opposition box, much of the time. He has done nothing here to suggest he'll be anything but an abject failure.

No, I said he was successful with his previous 2 clubs not his 13 games here.....Im saying give him time, particularly given there is literally nobody kicking the doors down looking for the job, in fact our first two choices this summer (Moyes then Mcinness) ran for the hills when they realised what they were being asked to do.

And yet he has been successful in his last two jobs and the fans of those clubs were gutted when he left/was sacked.
Face it man baggy lad he's about as bad as it gets. Even worse than Moyes. In fact he's a poor mans Moyes. Never mind eh he's a decent league 1 manager.

Nice working in Middlesbrough at the moment, you know that they must be doing shite as nobody at work talks about them and you hardly see anyone on the town wearing Boro shirts. Back to the days at the moment where you would never guess the town had a football club. Long may it continue

He looks good but keeps getting stuck out wide. Looks lots better when playing further fwd. Howson is a decent player but pretty much the same player as 3 others we have. Britt always looks like he has a goal in him but not much support close to him the way we play.
Its frustrating it looks like we are really ready to go for it some weeks and poor the next.
Monk is very conservative in the way he let's them play.

It’s like watching paint dry at the moment. They miss a player like Tomlin in the centre. Randolph is full of errors. Ayala was shocking too. If we beat your lot on the 5th I reckon Monk will be gone.

with a mate who had a spare ticket.
It was just like watching Sunderland! Played well enough for a point against a very well organised Cardiff with some decent defenders. Unfortunately the player brought on to add pace to attack gave away a penalty.

Fans were leaving in droves, booing at the end and the phone in was full of folk wanting the manager sacked because he was clueless and claiming the players weren't trying.

Of course the one big difference was that I didn't care

Can I draw your attention to the following:

"Unfortunately" _ errr? I want to see them smashed off the park.

"Phone in" _ you listened to the phone in as well as going to the match. Closet Smoggy?

And the position of their club is completely different. Their Chairman is ambitious and spending and ours...
This is correct but he's just spent millions on players who at the moment are not performing, either because that are not good enough or the manager on a big lucrative contract can't motivate them. I'd prefer to spend nothing than spend x amount on shite we've tried that.

Sue me darling.
and don't call me Sue(or darling)

Can I draw your attention to the following:

"Unfortunately" _ errr? I want to see them smashed off the park.

"Phone in" _ you listened to the phone in as well as going to the match. Closet Smoggy?

Well it was unfortunate for them I suppose

I was with an ST holder in his car so it was his choice. However I wasn't desperate to listen to Radio Newcastle and get the reaction to us losing a 2 goal lead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back