Wembley train query

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep but the people in customer services are confident no one will miss out esp with the extra train which has a 600 capacity.

So, for those with unreserved seats, no matter what time they had originally planned to depart on the Saturday, they should be heading for the relief train in the morning?

Checked on line earlier - I’m on the 1025 from Newcastle Saturday morning to kings cross with the two neices. It says of the normal seats “Amber” which means some seats are available but in first class it’s “green” which means plenty spare and apparently once on board ( it can’t be pre bought) you can approach the train manager and get a cheeky little upgrade to this for £25. We are going to take that option like.. one question though? Can you drink your own beer in the posh seats?

Checked on line earlier - I’m on the 1025 from Newcastle Saturday morning to kings cross with the two neices. It says of the normal seats “Amber” which means some seats are available but in first class it’s “green” which means plenty spare and apparently once on board ( it can’t be pre bought) you can approach the train manager and get a cheeky little upgrade to this for £25. We are going to take that option like.. one question though? Can you drink your own beer in the posh seats?

Yes. You can drink and eat whatever you've brought on board in the posh seats.

Reading social media at the moment is embarrasing mind. The amount of people travelling by train, yet have no idea what type of ticket they have purchased is alarming.

Rather than shouting at the rail providers, people really need to take responsibility and check out their options.

I’m on a Grand Central train now and that have leaflets on all seats saying that there will be a queueing system for those without reservations on the 8.44 and the 12.21 back on Monday . It says to expect to queue for a long time . Apologies if this isn’t new info as I haven’t read the whole thread .
It’s not so worrying going down and not getting on a train, however coming back might be a worry like. I haven’t decided what train to get back on the Monday yet like.

is that on the LNER website, as thats just an average not actaully represents the train. Won't have any chance to upgrade.

Just realised I’m on the 7:42 from Durham on Monday morning. I’ll have been home and back to London before some people have even turned in from drinking after the match.
Would you not just stop down after the game?

From the LNER twitter this morning responding to a Sunderland fan asking about trains

It's very unlikely that we'd stop the boarding process Will, but if you weren't able to get, we'd get you on the next service.

So, for those with unreserved seats, no matter what time they had originally planned to depart on the Saturday, they should be heading for the relief train in the morning?
I'll be honest mate and had no clue about the rules for the ticket I bought. I'm actually a fairly regular traveller but work book the tickets and I never take much notice. I actually thought I'd bought tickets which specified the trains I could get on and no others. But it's actually flexible. So now going 2.5hrs earlier than planned down and not too worried if we go to extra time now.

Last edited:
Would you not just stop down after the game?

From the LNER twitter this morning responding to a Sunderland fan asking about trains

I'll be honest mate and had no clue about the rules for the ticket I bought. I'm actually a fairly regular traveller but work book the tickets and I never take much notice. I actually thought I'd bought tickets which specified the trains I could get on and no others. But it's actually flexible. So now going 2.5hrs earlier than planned down and not too worried if we go to extra time now.

They're not easy, mate.

We have super off peak returns and the rules in place for those are an absolute minefield.

For example, our tickets have Sunday's date on but they are restriction code 1L, but 1L only applies Monday to Friday, so even LNER have it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back