Wembley train query

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put this on the other thread:

Spoke to LNER when I was picking up my train tickets today. They have no plans yet for Sunday night!

Best case scenario: people without reservations will have to queue. They'll let those with reservations on, work out how many extra the train can safely carry and let that many people on from the queue.

Worst case scenario: they'll suspend reservations and it'll be a free for all.

The 17.30 and 18.00 have lots of space. If we lose, leave bang on the final whistle and get back as quick as you can to aim for one of those trains. If it goes to extra time/pens/trophy lifting the later people are getting back to Kings Cross will have an impact on later trains.

So to sum up: nobody has any idea what is going to happen :lol:

Wudnt allow me to when booked on line on the Tuesday night after game.

The 08.45 is a 600 seat, no standing, direct train to LKC.
The 06.42 and 08.28 have 250 seats each plus standing.
There'll be nee hassle getting everyone down that have unreserved tickets on either of the 2 regular trains.
As LC Jones used to say, "Don't panic Capt Mainwaring".

I agree mate, but we both know there will be knackers that will go to bits on the day :lol:

Are the trains defo dry? It certainly hasn’t been announced

I'm presuming if someone is booked on the 12:47 they can use their ticket for the relief train at 8?

Yes

On the 12.38 from Durham, so hopefully the mad rush has calmed down by then. Got reserved seats as well, but can see already some art arse sitting in it. We got train down last time at a similar time of day and it was fine tbh.

W
It appears, Saturday is a real concern for GC and I dare say the BTP. As I posted earlier, if you have unreserved seating, you either need to get to the station very early to catch the early trains (particularly the relief train); or look at alternative routes.

I know the system is a joke, but people need to be proactive. GC are being pretty open, so you have to be daft to turn up at noon and expect to get on a train if you have no reservations
When you say no reservations do you mean specific reserved seats, or do you mean a reserved train?

On the 12.38 from Durham, so hopefully the mad rush has calmed down by then. Got reserved seats as well, but can see already some art arse sitting in it. We got train down last time at a similar time of day and it was fine tbh.

Same train but getting on at Newcastle. Like you we went down in 2014 about the same time and I don't remember any carnage at the platform people are predicting this time. Dont even think the train was rammed from what I remember

Last edited:
Can’t help but think people are worrying unnecessarily about trains. Was this an issue back in 2014?

East Coast was alright from Durham, I went down Saturday without a reservation and just camped near the bogs. Bumped into some right vagabonds at Baker Street later that day IIRC like.

Same train but getting on at Newcastle. Like you we went down in 2014 about the same time and I don't remember any carnage at the platform people are predicting this time. Dont even think the train was rammed from what I remember
It wasn't. About 2 thirds full max.

The bloke I spoke to yesterday, in GC customer services reckoned that you can get on any train if you have unreserved seating tickets.
He also said that people with reserved seating tickets will be allowed on first. Not sure how they were plan on implementing all this mind.
Hence why we’re trying to get some official answers to all the queries we have raised so far.

I’m on a Grand Central train now and that have leaflets on all seats saying that there will be a queueing system for those without reservations on the 8.44 and the 12.21 back on Monday . It says to expect to queue for a long time . Apologies if this isn’t new info as I haven’t read the whole thread .

Extra metros on first thing Sunday from Sunderland to Newcastle for those heading through. First one leaves at 6:15am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back