Wembley train query

SPUFF

Striker
Been informed tonight theres security on sland platford all weekend and likely to be at capacity before leaving sland.

Tbf theyre a lovely lot n not really kitted out for this level.

Is it poss still to get say tickets from darlo with guaranteed seats?
Thanks.

Been informed tonight theres security on sland platford all weekend and likely to be at capacity before leaving sland.

Tbf theyre a lovely lot n not really kitted out for this level.

Is it poss still to get say tickets from darlo with guaranteed seats?
Thanks.

The train doesn’t go through Darlo.

Having travelled via minibus in 2014, what would people say are the chances of folk not being allowed on the trains due to the overselling of tickets?
Travelled by Grand Central on the 12:15 on the Sat in 2014, there was a Queuing System in place outside Sunderland Station, not all people got on the Trains, and those left behind were advised to travel to Newcastle to board Trains there!!
We got on alright and had Reserved Seats, there was also an “additional Coach” on the Train for those without Seat Reservations, was still Chocka mind.

If you don’t have gurenteed seats you’ll be taking a chance of not getting on at all due to overcrowding/overselling

From both Sunderland (Grand central line) and Newcastle (LNER line)

Same as in 2014

This has become a bit of a concern to me aswell. I booked my train tickets the day after the semi-final and it said there were only 8 tickets left and I bought 5. Now I can go on and book double figures amounts of tickets. Just how far do they over sell them?

This has become a bit of a concern to me aswell. I booked my train tickets the day after the semi-final and it said there were only 8 tickets left and I bought 5. Now I can go on and book double figures amounts of tickets. Just how far do they over sell them?

Unfortunately, they will sell as many as people want to buy, even though most will have no chance of getting on the Train. They will just tell you to apply for a Refund when you can’t get on!!!!!!

Unfortunately, they will sell as many as people want to buy, even though most will have no chance of getting on the Train. They will just tell you to apply for a Refund when you can’t get on!!!!!!
Getting on at Darlington after it's gone through Newcastle and Durham it's probably going to be the case aswell. Oh shit I better have a back up plan just in case.

Getting on at Darlington after it's gone through Newcastle and Durham it's probably going to be the case aswell. Oh shit I better have a back up plan just in case.

Going to be pretty much impossible I reckon. If you can get from Darlo to York on TPE/XC there's an 8am train that starts there: Realtime Trains | Departures from York

There's also loads of trains from Doncaster that haven't originated in the northeast: Realtime Trains | Departures from Doncaster

Last edited:
Away that weekend, so driving to Peterborough and train from there. Thought it would be busy so booked 1st class hoping we'd get a seat fine, then just checked and train starts from York anyway so isnt likely to be that busy :lol:

Travelled by Grand Central on the 12:15 on the Sat in 2014, there was a Queuing System in place outside Sunderland Station, not all people got on the Trains, and those left behind were advised to travel to Newcastle to board Trains there!!
We got on alright and had Reserved Seats, there was also an “additional Coach” on the Train for those without Seat Reservations, was still Chocka mind.

Based on that, how long before departure would you say to arrive mate? 45 mins?

Back