Wembley train query

Can’t believe they have the right to search you. Surely a dry train means that alcohol can’t be consumed but what the fuck has to do with them what’s in your bags!
I heard about one poor old biddy who had been to London in the run up to Xmas to get some shopping in.

She had a VERY expensive bottle of champagne for her husband and had it taken off her while getting on a dry train :evil:

Grand Central were a joke. Booked early through Trainline but no seats which I thought was strange. Found out weeks ago they had massively over booked, hence the emails coming out now saying they have done exactly that. It’s a f***ing mess.

I cancelled mine and booked them direct with LNER for a little bit more but ended up in 1st class with seating there and back.

Wanted to travel from Sunderland as well, shame it looks like they have totally messed this up.

We’ve been trying to get information from GC and LNER, but also the BTP, and it seems they’re going to discuss it tomorrow. So thankfully, not too last minute, eh?!?

Red & White Army on Twitter

British Transport Police have a meeting tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have some more information then fo supporters worried about train travel to London this weekend.

Can’t believe they have the right to search you. Surely a dry train means that alcohol can’t be consumed but what the fuck has to do with them what’s in your bags!

Not sure if the rules/laws are different in Scotland, was watching Inside Central Station which looks at the workings of Glasgow Central, guy was trying to get on a dry train and had an unopened bottle of spirits, dispatcher told him he couldn't take it on board, guy insisted he was allowed to as long as he didn't open it, dispatcher called the BTP, argument ensued further, not sure if he ended up being nicked or not.

It appears, Saturday is a real concern for GC and I dare say the BTP. As I posted earlier, if you have unreserved seating, you either need to get to the station very early to catch the early trains (particularly the relief train); or look at alternative routes.

I know the system is a joke, but people need to be proactive. GC are being pretty open, so you have to be daft to turn up at noon and expect to get on a train if you have no reservations

Just spoken to GC.
Totally confident that no problems getting everyone there.
Just might have 4 hour sit in corridor:rolleyes:.

Why didn't you just resurve a seat

Wudnt allow me to when booked on line on the Tuesday night after game.

It appears, Saturday is a real concern for GC and I dare say the BTP. As I posted earlier, if you have unreserved seating, you either need to get to the station very early to catch the early trains (particularly the relief train); or look at alternative routes.

I know the system is a joke, but people need to be proactive. GC are being pretty open, so you have to be daft to turn up at noon and expect to get on a train if you have no reservations

The 08.45 is a 600 seat, no standing, direct train to LKC.
The 06.42 and 08.28 have 250 seats each plus standing.
There'll be nee hassle getting everyone down that have unreserved tickets on either of the 2 regular trains.
As LC Jones used to say, "Don't panic Capt Mainwaring".

Last edited by a moderator:
Wudnt allow me to when booked on line on the Tuesday night after game.

The 08.45 is a 600 seat, no standing, direct train to LKC.
The 06.42 and 08.28 have 250 seats each plus standing.
There'll be nee hassle getting everyone down that have unreserved tickets on either of the 2 regular trains.
As LC Jones used to say, "Don't panic Capt Mainwaring".
Without going through the thread will I be able to take cans on

Back