Well done Jack Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horses for courses, against the shittier teams I wholeheartedly agree but there's so little between us we had to be crafty, thought it was superb tbh.

We simply don't have the players to go out and attack/be more open. We lack mobility and pace up front and in midfield. Regardless of who we play in the final it'll be the same set up (but possibly with an unfit McGeady in there).

Last edited:

Hes been here one season for fucks sake .was all the mistakes in tbe past his fault .he wasnt even at the club then . Thats why we are where we are .

I’ve had a moan about him now and then, but overall he’s done a good job.
I think we started out this season playing good positive football, but at some point for whatever reason he reigned everything in, maybe fear of failing at a big club I wouldn’t know.
We stick with him regardless next season and if he can be backed to bring in several more offensive players next season then hopefully he’ll have us playing in a more positive manner, although the end certainly justified the means last night, a job very well done.

We know the players are limited in quality. Goalkeeper oviedo and mcgeady are exceptions .thats why we are in league 1 .but they care about the club and other wankers here in recent past didnt give a toss.southend was a meaningless game .what the fuck you bothered about that for

Hes been here one season for fucks sake .was all the mistakes in tbe past his fault .he wasnt even at the club then . Thats why we are where we are .
no but the mistakes of this season are..
he had the biggets budget in the history of this divison in terms of signings players..
he had five players who won promotion from this league plus maja for half a season and mcgeady..
the barnsely manager had only one season..spent nowt-sold good players...got automatic promotion..

Means to an end, would you rather be entertained but out? When a game plan succeeds the manager and the players need to be given some credit.
I thought our keeper won us the match, not the game plan. Superb again McLaughlin, one of the best signings this club has ever made.

When you think of all the changes and the amount of players we brought in, he's managed to build a team spirit and a group that work together. They may be limited in some aspects, but you cannot dispute the effort they put in.

You on crack? Finished in our lowest ever position in our history; lost count of the number of draws in this garbage league, couldn't beat the likes of Fleetwood, Southend, Wycombe etc. etc. Biggest budget in the league, the list goes on....

Brilliant job you say? Give yer head a shake man...
No I'm not on crack and I've been a big vocal supporter of Ross all season, he came in to absolutely nothing, no players, no stability, the fans had lost all interest and the club was an absolute shambles. He's built up a team that's lost 5 games all season, got us to wembley twice, scored in nearly every game, got us players that care and want to be here and is doing a very very good job of things.

Some sunderland fans are completely addicted to wanting change and wanting it now, even if we don't go up it will be one of the biggest mistakes SAFC have made in our recent history if we get rid of Ross.

Last edited:
No I'm not on crack and I've been a big vocal supporter of Ross all season, he came in to absolutely nothing, no players, no stability, the fans had lost all interest and the club was an absolute shambles. He's built up a team that's lost 5 games all season, got us to wembley twice, scored in nearly every game, got us players that care and want to be here and is doing a very very good job of things.

Some sunderland fans are completely addicted to wanting change and wanting it now, even if we don't go up it will be one of the biggest mistakes SAFC have made in our recent history if we get rid of Ross.

1 shot on target?
Equals play off final at Wembley. Job done.

I agree, Ross is being lauded this morning, had they managed a goal a lot would have been wanting him out. It’s very fine margins.
And by the same token, if we’d won three or four nil the same ones would still have wanted him out. Biggest budget most money spent etc etc. Truth is their minds were made up long ago and they’d rather scoop out their own eyeballs than admit they weren’t 100% right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Equals play off final at Wembley. Job done.

And by the same token, if we’d won three or four nil the same ones would still have wanted him out. Biggest budget most money spent etc etc. Truth is their minds were made up long ago and they’d rather scoop out their own eyeballs than admit they weren’t 100% right.
This! Imagine angrily hammering the manager and anyone saying he did well last night after just getting into the final.

The same posters were saying we had no chance of beating Portsmouth in the first place (their excuse for not bothering to support the team last Saturday) but won’t credit it as any sort of achievement now we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back