Well done Jack Ross

Played for a draw and got one. Job done. But it was a poor performance quality wise.

This. My worry is we now have to find a way to win the next, and without Mcgeady I think we look very blunt in attack. And I certainly wouldnt fancy us to get over the line via a shoot out.

Still hoping McGeady can play. He’s our only attacking threat.

Sounds like even if he does he will be playing injured. It's not ideal but given the situation a 70% fit Mcgeady is still our most creative option.

It's a shame we weren't a bigger side, then you could keep it tight and look to take advantage of set pieces.

There's been some utter bellends slagging him off on here this season, he's done / doing a brilliant job

You on crack? Finished in our lowest ever position in our history; lost count of the number of draws in this garbage league, couldn't beat the likes of Fleetwood, Southend, Wycombe etc. etc. Biggest budget in the league, the list goes on....

Brilliant job you say? Give yer head a shake man...

I thought over the past two games it's almost as if he's realised what's needed for league one.

His best managerial performance of the season last night. Composed, they'd obviously been told to play the game that we've had played against us all season.

We came for the draw, we got the draw.

Roll on Wembley.

He said before kick off we were going there to win the game. Rosh bluffed them.

You on crack? Finished in our lowest ever position in our history; lost count of the number of draws in this garbage league, couldn't beat the likes of Fleetwood, Southend, Wycombe etc. etc. Biggest budget in the league, the list goes on....

Brilliant job you say? Give yer head a shake man...

Sky sports said yday when he arrived we had to have kitchen staff and that helping make up the numbers in training such was the depletion of the team.

Last edited:
Ive been a big critic of Ross this season for his negative tactics but thought he got it spot on tonight.

We obviously played for a draw with his team selection and pretty much nullified Portsmouth. We offered nothing going forward, but it was a game we didn’t have to win.

Yes, our keeper made two big saves, but we really limited them in a hostile environment.

Credit where credits due tonight. But he will have to play it differently in the final.

Got the tactics spot on, played down the occasion and kept The Lads' feet on the ground and their heads clear.
Cattermole and Leadbitter played like the seasoned professionals they are, and kept things calm around them.

Ive been a big critic of Ross this season for his negative tactics but thought he got it spot on tonight.

We obviously played for a draw with his team selection and pretty much nullified Portsmouth. We offered nothing going forward, but it was a game we didn’t have to win.

Yes, our keeper made two big saves, but we really limited them in a hostile environment.

Credit where credits due tonight. But he will have to play it differently in the final.

I think tactics like last night’s with a little bit more luck or skill in front of goal would have seen us nick it 1-0.

Not complaining like just pondering my thoughts.

Got the tactics spot on, played down the occasion and kept The Lads' feet on the ground and their heads clear.
Cattermole and Leadbitter played like the seasoned professionals they are, and kept things calm around them.

Cattermole doesn’t need to lose his temper when he has Max Power trying to give the opposition fans a dig. :lol:

Last edited:
I don’t want to be a downer but it would have been a safer tactic to score a goal and defend a two goal lead imo. :lol:
What is safer than what we did, if we were going for a goal and got caught out it gees their fans up and makes our job much tougher, no McGeady meant we had to dig in and stay focused, which we did and succeeded, can't believe some giving praise are doing it through gritted teeth!

What is safer than what we did, if we were going for a goal and got caught out it gees their fans up and makes our job much tougher, no McGeady meant we had to dig in and stay focused, which we did and succeeded, can't believe some giving praise are doing it through gritted teeth!
Haway man. Surely you can see that trying to sit on a one goal lead is exactly why we're in the Play offs and not already up!:lol:
Thank fuck it worked last night but it hasn't all season

He hasn't, by a long way. And he's not achieved the bare minimum yet i.e promotion with the squad, facilities and most importantly a budget that dwarfs that of other in this dog-shite league.

And learns how to buy decent defenders!!!!

Jesus H Christ, the mentality of some on here........ no wonder SAFC supporters accept crap for decades and decades

Back