Weight loss thread 2024

I’m going to drop 7 kilos, get down to 80kg and stay at that weight.

I’m usually around 85, and have went up to 87kg after Christmas and New Year.

The weight I’m at now is just taking too much of a toll on my joints and tendons when I’m running. I feel like I’m spending most of the week hobbling around like a geriatric.

No more pizza from Slice.
I was 87.1 kilos this morning. :lol:

Cut starts properly, now.
Just 1lb off this week but I've had a bad week and binged a bit on Thurs and Fri 😔
Well you’re making much better progress than me. Might have to borrow your diet. :lol:

Last edited:
Well you’re making much better progress than me. Might have to borrow your diet. :lol:

Not a diet as such! Trying to resist the junk food snacks in the cupboard. Guilty of buying crap at work if I'm having a bad day. I've stopped doing that. Trying to eat fruit or yoghurt when I feel hungry between meals.

I've been weighing my porridge oats on a morning. I just tip a load of oats in a bowl, but when I measured, I've actually been having about two portions according to the guidelines on the packet 😳

Trying to make an effort to sleep better. I crave junk when I'm tired.

Not a diet as such! Trying to resist the junk food snacks in the cupboard. Guilty of buying crap at work if I'm having a bad day. I've stopped doing that. Trying to eat fruit or yoghurt when I feel hungry between meals.

I've been weighing my porridge oats on a morning. I just tip a load of oats in a bowl, but when I measured, I've actually been having about two portions according to the guidelines on the packet 😳

Trying to make an effort to sleep better. I crave junk when I'm tired.
Have found in the past that you can drop a surprising amount of weight in a short time just by cutting out the junk food.

On the last big cut I did a couple of years ago, I started by just not eating pizza and not even changing anything else, other than slightly upping my activity. I lost 8lbs in 3 weeks. The calories in a Dominos or Papa John’s is about the best part of pound of weight, and that’s before accounting for the water retention from all the carbs.

Another 3 pounds of this week ,down to 105.5kg from 112.5

Happy with that, did a lot of walking this week and really got back into swimming. Did treat myself to a few points on Friday night at a gig though.

Gone from 84kg down to 80.8kg from mid jan to now. Not much fat on me but my gut. Been told thats last to go apparantly?

Nightshifts are bad for weightloss
I've gone from 106kg to 96kg since November and have mainly noticed in going from my chest, hips and face. Been doing a lot of legwork in the gym and running as well so my upper legs are a lot more muscle toned than previously.

2 and a half pound off this week. Just a couple of pound before I’m at my 6 stone weight loss

The last few months I’ve had such an odd pattern though. I do calorie counting and run/strength train. Other than the odd meal and night out I’m pretty consistent. Except for 3 weeks of the month you can guarantee the scales will say the same then on the 4th week I’ll step on and it’ll say I’ve lost 3 or 4 pound, it’s like my body takes a month to decide if I’m in a calorie deficit 😂 anyone else who knows biology and anatomy better than me understand why this is? As a woman I usually just put it down to my cycle but it’s a funny one. Not complaining of course!

The lads are always asking me to go on the drink and it’s a nightmare keeping on track.

Got a birthday to attend on the 12th so I’ll be going to that, but will allow 1600 calories for it.

Getting married next year so wanting to trim right down.

Running 3 times a week and lifting weight 4 times a week also.

The lads are always asking me to go on the drink and it’s a nightmare keeping on track.

Got a birthday to attend on the 12th so I’ll be going to that, but will allow 1600 calories for it.

Getting married next year so wanting to trim right down.

Running 3 times a week and lifting weight 4 times a week also.
Don't kill your body and life mate. Next year is ages away and if you can lose a lb a week you'll be at least 4 stone down.

Don't kill your body and life mate. Next year is ages away and if you can lose a lb a week you'll be at least 4 stone down.
This.

I’m getting married this year and I’ll be out when I want still and eating what I want. I’ll be happy losing a 1lb every fortnight for now. Should I get to June and I need to speed the weight lose up I will

Update after 13 weeks:

Starting weight: 185 lbs (3rd Jan)
Current weight: 164 lbs
Total loss: 21 lbs
BMI: 24.2
Target weight: 161lbs (holiday in June)
Gym: 3-4 times a week
Walk: 10,000+ steps a day with dog
Calories: 1900/day (166g carbs, 166g protein, 63g fat - 35/35/30)

Had a birthday weekend and a weekend away in Germany, which has slowed things down due to beers / food, but still managed a 4 lbs loss over 5 weeks, so not too disappointed.

You sound like me. 271lb in mid December. That’s when I started, and the reason I did was because I could get Wegovy. I wanted to get started on it before the January rush. I’ve had a problem with my weight for years and I do think there are biological changes to your body and hormones when you’re overweight for a long time. For example before I started I would eat a balanced meal at about 6pm and by about 9pm I was hungry, by 10pm my stomach was hurting I was that hungry. This is why I think Wegovy will really help me, even if it’s just to get me to change my mindset.

At the same time I forced myself to walk into Marine House gym. I’ve always found the gym a really difficult place to be, it’s really intimidating when you have no idea what you’re doing. But since I was going in mid December, one of the quieter times the owner was able to really help me, working out a 3 day plan for me to do and show me each machine for that plan. I really can’t recommend it more.

I am now 11lb down 4 weeks in, which considering it’s been Christmas and new year I am very happy with. I am going to Disney Paris in March. I would like to be under 240lb by then, with a longer term goal of being under 200lb.

Update on this, I am now 5 months in. I’ve dropped from 271lb to 230lb. The single biggest change is the portion size being considerably smaller, and no interest in picking at anything in between meals.

For example I could pick up a sausages sandwich on my way to work, by 11 I was hungry so I’d eat a meal deal sandwich and packet of crisps, by 2pm I was hungry again and going to the corner shop for something to snack on. I’d then be wanting tea at about 4.30-5, and be hungry again later on.

Now I will have some breakfast at home, overnight oats with some berries usually, and I won’t be hungry until well after 12, but I could only eat a sandwich at most, usually not finishing it. Sometime skipping it altogether. Then having half the size of a meal for tea compared to what I did have and that’s me done for the day. I started counting calories but Im not organised to do it full time, I really struggle with working it out for home cooked meals, but I’ve got an idea and I should be at about 1400-1500 per day.

I didn’t set a target when I first started, but now knowing how I’m going I’m aiming for under 14st 7lb before I come off it, I’m comfortable at 15st, so that gives a bit of a buffer.

I know some people will consider Wegovy cheating, but to be honest I really don’t care. I am now the lightest I’ve been since 2020, and at this rate will be lower than I was in 2018 in about 3 weeks. I am a bit concerned about coming off it, but that is an issue for 3 or 4 months time. I’ll likely titrate the amount down rather than coming off it cold.

Update on this, I am now 5 months in. I’ve dropped from 271lb to 230lb. The single biggest change is the portion size being considerably smaller, and no interest in picking at anything in between meals.

For example I could pick up a sausages sandwich on my way to work, by 11 I was hungry so I’d eat a meal deal sandwich and packet of crisps, by 2pm I was hungry again and going to the corner shop for something to snack on. I’d then be wanting tea at about 4.30-5, and be hungry again later on.

Now I will have some breakfast at home, overnight oats with some berries usually, and I won’t be hungry until well after 12, but I could only eat a sandwich at most, usually not finishing it. Sometime skipping it altogether. Then having half the size of a meal for tea compared to what I did have and that’s me done for the day. I started counting calories but Im not organised to do it full time, I really struggle with working it out for home cooked meals, but I’ve got an idea and I should be at about 1400-1500 per day.

I didn’t set a target when I first started, but now knowing how I’m going I’m aiming for under 14st 7lb before I come off it, I’m comfortable at 15st, so that gives a bit of a buffer.

I know some people will consider Wegovy cheating, but to be honest I really don’t care. I am now the lightest I’ve been since 2020, and at this rate will be lower than I was in 2018 in about 3 weeks. I am a bit concerned about coming off it, but that is an issue for 3 or 4 months time. I’ll likely titrate the amount down rather than coming off it cold.
How did you get that?

How did you get that?

Online private prescription. Plenty of options, Asda Pharmacy, Boots, Zavamed etc. You have to do some checks, like photos of yourself standing on scales for the GPs to verify. I see you asked me about it in January where you said your BMI is 30.5. The limit for getting it is a BMI of 30 so you might struggle, but to be honest from my experience it would be very easy to lie, just take a photo of your legs down on the scales with a big heavy backpack on to bump the number up. Not that I would condone that in anyway. It is not cheap though, ranging from £169 for a months worth on the lower does to £250 per month on the higher doses. I would say you need to have an issue with being hungry all the time and struggle to keep your calorie intake in deficit before you consider it.

Back