Weight loss thread 2024

100% mate, his plans seem to produce results

How are you finding this out of interest mate?

I’m a bit up and down with the fibre intake, I’ve got Crohns so the level of fibre from the off was a bit scary, but I’m starting to settle in now.

Not loads of weight loss, but a start and I feel loads better energy wise etc.

Morning all. Started dry January after the Preston game and have not touched a drop so far.
Was 20st 6lbs when I stood on the scales on 2nd January (I’m 6ft 6”).
Also been on a strict diet and have cut out cheese & bread (2 of my favourite things)
Have lost 16lbs in 20 days and feel superb.
Need to shift another stone and a half before the end of May when I’m off on a cruise.

I have literally never felt better. Sleep and everything is great.

How are you finding this out of interest mate?

I’m a bit up and down with the fibre intake, I’ve got Crohns so the level of fibre from the off was a bit scary, but I’m starting to settle in now.

Not loads of weight loss, but a start and I feel loads better energy wise etc.
Its been ok mate, I'm a few pounds down. Glad you've managed to get sorted with the fibre, took a bit tweaking to get the numbers up there.

My biggest struggle has been getting the steps in, I WFH which doesn't help but I've been to gym weight training in my lunch hour and ran for 25mins with a 5mins walking warm up - 6600 steps :lol: wife will kill me if i go out for more training.

Main thing is you are starting to feel better!

Its been ok mate, I'm a few pounds down. Glad you've managed to get sorted with the fibre, took a bit tweaking to get the numbers up there.

My biggest struggle has been getting the steps in, I WFH which doesn't help but I've been to gym weight training in my lunch hour and ran for 25mins with a 5mins walking warm up - 6600 steps :lol: wife will kill me if i go out for more training.

Main thing is you are starting to feel better!

Aye it’s making an overall difference to energy levels etc, it’s a reasonably easy plan to feel in control of which is the main thing for me.

Happy with how the progress is going so far since starting first of Jan, weighed in 7lbs lighter this morning which feels like a good first milestone.

Exactly where I wanted to be gradually loosing between 1lb and 2lb a week.

Just posting for accountability and will keep chipping away at it as this is just the start and have a long way to go.

Think ideally would like to work towards the 190lb mark from a starting point of 236lb

Weighed in at 220lb a couple of weeks back. Should be around 160lb.

Going to Turkey in June, at 45 degrees I need to drop some of my insulation.

Hitting the gym, after being sedentary for a few dozen years. Tweaked my diet to run at a calorie deficit.

Initial goal is to get to 200lb, had dropped 5lb when I weighed myself last Saturday. Will weigh in again on Saturday morning.

Hoping to get there by the end of the year but just taking it 20lb at a time, 60lb just seems nuts.

Last edited:
Down another 5lb. 10 total.

Body fat down 1.5%, BMI down 1.5 points.

Mate suggested I use my fitness pal to track calories. Turns out I already had a account from 10 years ago when I was 2 stone lighter. Depressing that today's aspiration was something to get sorted a decade ago.

Hit the stone mark at the weekend but wanted to get a few more measurements in to make sure as the scales can go all over the place. So since the 1st that’s gone from 291lbs to around 275lbs. First target is 271lbs (overall target is 221lbs which will put me into “overweight” and not “Staypuft”

Currently averaging about 2-3lbs a week which is the high end of my target. 2 points knocked off the BMI and the other markers are going the right way now. Finally got to grips with the late night snacking, drinking has now been confined to a bottle of wine at the weekend but may have an Erdinger Alkoholfrei or Guinness 0.0 during the week if there’s room in the calories for it.

Now into week 4 of the workouts and done with Phase 1, definitely feeling more energetic and a bit “stronger” than I did. Also noticing weight shifting and I’m apparently a bit more confident and not hiding under quite so many layers of baggy clothes.

241.4lbs this morning. Smaller loss than my first week (to be expected) but still going in the right direction :)
241.0lbs this morning. Last week was a bit of a write off as we had some family events so didn't eat great and drank a bit. Looks like that cancelled out all the exercise! Didn't put any back on though which i'm please about

1-Feb weigh-in is 10lbs lost for Jan. I had been on track a week ago for a whole stone but I've had a couple too many naughty days recently. Still, a good start to the year.

Aim for Feb is 8 lbs which should be achievable. With the mornings and evenings getting lighter it's going to be easier to go for a walk before or after a whole day sat at a desk. I was out at 7:30 this morning for 5000 steps and will try to get another 5000 in either a lunchtime or this afternoon.

Weighed myself this morning before going to the gym:

12st 2.4lb
74.7% muscle
21.3% fat
4% bone

Heading in the right direction.

Weight has gone up, but the key is that the body composition is doing the right thing. Weight isn’t everything, important to remember.
Weighed myself this morning before going to the gym:

12st 3lb
75.2% muscle
20.8% fat
3.9% bone

Weight is still staying around the same, but lean mass heading in the right direction.

Started the year the heaviest I've been in around 5 years at 192lbs. I started on the 8th & tonight i've checked in at 183lbs' - i've seen 181 lb's in the last two days which gets me under 13 stone. I didn't "need" to lose weight but feel better when i'm thin. The aim is a stable 178 (12st 10) which I hope to get to in approx 3 weeks.

I've not been eating in the AM until my lunch at 12.30ish and then having 180 calories of tuna, 360 calories of rice, a bit of light mayonaise - around 650/700 total I would guess... then that's seen me through to my evening meal which is usually around 800-900 calories. Having the same allocation of rice with chicken and a korma sauce tonight and usually something similar. Snacks when I have them are small & lean like shredded chicken / beef jerky. Cut alcohol out and don't have any liquid calories during the week, then cardio exercise x4 times per week between 30-45 minutes.

Sacrifices are relatively few; if the team at work are getting breakfast scran or ordering a take away lunch...that sort of thing.

On the weekend I have drinks on Friday and Saturday and allow a takeaway, almost a free for all but still slightly limit what I have during each day. Pleased with the result but it does get boring, personally my efforts and discipline have gotten better as the results have started happening - the first week or two is the hardest.

Last edited:
Good luck to you all, admirable goals and intentions.

My New Years Resolution was to cancel last years gym membership that I signed up to. 😉

Back