Weight loss thread 2024

Hara hachi bu . Stay slim and live past 100
This year, going to do much better, no more excuses, I am 50 end of may and that gives me close to 6 months to change my body shape.

I always do better when off the carbs, so knocking them on the head, knocking the booze on the head completely and going to get off my lazy arse and do some exercise, I have let my body get run down and very out of shape.

Will throw some starting measurements up later on when I find some batteries for the scales.

Here is hoping 2024 is better than 2023!

262.8lbs on the scales this morning, let’s see where the next 365 days get me. Got a marathon in September I want to be between 230-240lbs for

I'll go on the scales on Wednesday, that'll give me a better idea of where i am, about 236lb, would like to be under 220lb but overall closer to 200lb.

Yes, a fresh start the new year. Last year year started OK but the last 3 months were a disaster and wiped out the losses from earlier in the year.

What I have found is that I am OK during a normal week at home when I might only drink once or twice but I just pile on the weight on weekends away and holidays - a weekend back up in the NE to see family and go to a match will mean putting on a few pounds (my mam's cooking is pure stodge and it would be rude tor refuse it). Just back from a week in Spain where I put on 6 pounds despite walking an average of 25,000 steps a day. I really need to work out how to have relatively healthy holidays.

242 lbs this morning. First priority is to get down to 220 which is where I was during the summer and the level that I start feeling OK with myself. I haven't been under 200 in around 5 years.

Yes, a fresh start the new year. Last year year started OK but the last 3 months were a disaster and wiped out the losses from earlier in the year.

What I have found is that I am OK during a normal week at home when I might only drink once or twice but I just pile on the weight on weekends away and holidays - a weekend back up in the NE to see family and go to a match will mean putting on a few pounds (my mam's cooking is pure stodge and it would be rude tor refuse it). Just back from a week in Spain where I put on 6 pounds despite walking an average of 25,000 steps a day. I really need to work out how to have relatively healthy holidays.

242 lbs this morning. First priority is to get down to 220 which is where I was during the summer and the level that I start feeling OK with myself. I haven't been under 200 in around 5 years.
Could you exercise when you're abroad? If you're a big drinker, don't worry. Holidays are for enjoying yourself and it'll be water weight.

Definitely let myself go in 2023, especially in the second half.

Clocking in at 195lb and 30.7% body fat.

Targeting about 175lb and 20%.

Let's go 💪

Could you exercise when you're abroad? If you're a big drinker, don't worry. Holidays are for enjoying yourself and it'll be water weight.

Actually, I do more exercise (in terms of walking) when I'm abroad. I will easily do 20-52k steps in a day just wandering around exploring while some days I struggle to do 5k at home. As you say, it's water (or beer and wine) retention which mostly goes after a few days.

Actually, I do more exercise (in terms of walking) when I'm abroad. I will easily do 20-52k steps in a day just wandering around exploring while some days I struggle to do 5k at home. As you say, it's water (or beer and wine) retention which mostly goes after a few days.
I'm going to try to hit 10k steps a day in January, some days mine are really low like yours.

I’m going to drop 7 kilos, get down to 80kg and stay at that weight.

I’m usually around 85, and have went up to 87kg after Christmas and New Year.

The weight I’m at now is just taking too much of a toll on my joints and tendons when I’m running. I feel like I’m spending most of the week hobbling around like a geriatric.

No more pizza from Slice.

I'm going to try to hit 10k steps a day in January, some days mine are really low like yours.

It's the dark mornings and evenings which put me off going for a walk before or after work. During the summer I will easily do a couple of miles at 7am while in the winter I'd happier in bed.

It's the dark mornings and evenings which put me off going for a walk before or after work. During the summer I will easily do a couple of miles at 7am while in the winter I'd happier in bed.
What about dinner breaks? It'll be after work for me.

What about dinner breaks? It'll be after work for me.

On days I go into the office, I try to make time for a wander around the business park at lunchtime but when I'm working from the home the morning and afternoons often merge into each other and I will end up snacking from the fridge without a proper break. In fact, I may try to go into the office more often this year as it does cut down on my nibbling.

Danger about going for a walk in the evening is having to pass pubs without going in.

On days I go into the office, I try to make time for a wander around the business park at lunchtime but when I'm working from the home the morning and afternoons often merge into each other and I will end up snacking from the fridge without a proper break. In fact, I may try to go into the office more often this year as it does cut down on my nibbling.

Danger about going for a walk in the evening is having to pass pubs without going in.
I never drink during the week. Create yourself rules. Always make time for a break from work.

Weighed 112kg this morning. When I was under a hundred when I went to Glastonbury in the summer.

I started going to the gym in the break before Christmas and even yesterday I didn't drink.

Need to get my act together and have started a Weight management program with the council.

Have a plan so hopefully I can sort my self out

Different approach for me this year. Usually i start off the year with great intentions of eating better and getting out for a few runs a week. I usually last a month or so until i start to lost the drive. This year i've signed myself up to my local Gym on a fixed 12 month contract. The better half has said i can go any nights i want to after work, so i'll be aiming for minimum 3/4 nights a week at the Gym.

I can usually eat relatively well when i'm exercising regularly, so i'm trying to get myself into a good routine now. And hopefully, the fact that i'll be paying for the membership will encourage me to stick with it.

I've got my brother in laws wedding in April so that is my first target to lose a couple of stone for then. First Gym session after work today (yes i'm one of those new year starters). Looking forward to it

This year, I’m finally going to kick my arse into gear.

I spent too much of last year pissed outside of work hours, I knacked some ankle ligaments and used that as an excuse.

I spent the last quarter of 2023 kicking the booze, so it’s now time to sort my diet out and see some consistent results!

Best of luck all!

I'll be joining you all this year. Just weighed in at 107.6kg which is my heaviest for a while. I usually weight train 5/6 times a week but have been out for 2 months due to operation. Should hopefully get all clear from surgeon on Thurs to be able to start up again.

Also going to sign up to Team RH today as my diet has always been fecking awful!

Good luck all, hope we all hit our goals!

I'll be joining you all this year. Just weighed in at 107.6kg which is my heaviest for a while. I usually weight train 5/6 times a week but have been out for 2 months due to operation. Should hopefully get all clear from surgeon on Thurs to be able to start up again.

Also going to sign up to Team RH today as my diet has always been fecking awful!

Good luck all, hope we all hit our goals!

I’m on the team RH train too mate, not before time, but better late than never I guess.

Back