Weight loss thread 2024

Starting to feeling some benefits this week even if the scale aren't shifting as quickly as I hoped. Eating much better, bloat is down and sleeping better. Still not doing much exercise though as I can never persuade myself to go out for a walk when the weather is crappy.

Had a week off from it all and went to the in-laws down in Leicester this week so no workouts but kept an eye on what I was eating (really restrained myself at MyDehli down there) as it all went the "other way" earlier in the month and the weight went up a bit. Still heading in the right direction so reckon I'll hit 270 either this coming week or next, lighter nights are coming in now too so can get over to the park with the bairn after work/school so running around after him will help.

8 weeks in and currently 9lbs down. Exactly where I want to be at 1lb loss a week or thereabouts

Finding it good as a “lifestyle change” rather than labelling this as a “diet” as always would do in the past and lose loads quickly, realise I couldn’t sustain it then put it all back on plus more.

Looking very promising to hopefully finally cracked it

A very naughty weekend on the beer so the scales this morning weren't pleasant reading but still decent progress over the year so far. They key is to keep going when there is a blip rather than giving in. Even the healthiest people have the occasional blow out. I just need to make sure that it isn't all weekend every weekend.
Same here for me mate although it was a Chinese and a pizza rather than beer, straight back in the gym after work + plus dogs walks. 7lbs so far for me.

Same here for me mate although it was a Chinese and a pizza rather than beer, straight back in the gym after work + plus dogs walks. 7lbs so far for me.

My problem is that the beer destroys my willpower so I make bad food choices which means ordering a takeaway pizza rather than cooking properly. Having one night out a week (I hardly ever drink at home) is probably sustainable long term to balance health with my sanity but not three night in a row (unless on holiday then all rules are off)

My problem is that the beer destroys my willpower so I make bad food choices which means ordering a takeaway pizza rather than cooking properly. Having one night out a week (I hardly ever drink at home) is probably sustainable long term to balance health with my sanity but not three night in a row (unless on holiday then all rules are off)
Yeah I definitely agree, I spend Sunday rough as a dog eating shite then palm of making bait for work which ends up being shite. Has a massive knock on effect.

Yeah I definitely agree, I spend Sunday rough as a dog eating shite then palm of making bait for work which ends up being shite. Has a massive knock on effect.
They used to be my issue, rough on a Sunday would go shopping spend £60 for the weeks shopping of which £20 was just for that Sunday and buying utter shit and far to much for one day

Update after 8 weeks:

Starting weight: 185lbs (3rd Jan)
Current weight: 168lbs
BMI: 24.8 - no longer in the overweight category :)
Target weight: 161lbs (holiday in June)
Gym: 3-4 times a week
Walk: 10,000+ steps a day with dog
Calories: 1900/day (166g carbs, 166g protein, 63g fat - 35/35/30)

I've kept off the beer, stuck to the eating plus consistent gym and walking. Had one Saturday afternoon out for food and bottle (or two) of wine, but been good otherwise.

Update after 8 weeks:

Starting weight: 185lbs (3rd Jan)
Current weight: 168lbs
BMI: 24.8 - no longer in the overweight category :)
Target weight: 161lbs (holiday in June)
Gym: 3-4 times a week
Walk: 10,000+ steps a day with dog
Calories: 1900/day (166g carbs, 166g protein, 63g fat - 35/35/30)

I've kept off the beer, stuck to the eating plus consistent gym and walking. Had one Saturday afternoon out for food and bottle (or two) of wine, but been good otherwise.
Well done mate, need go treat yourself now n again otherwise you sicken yourself.

I started the year at 112kg and was 107 today, it's not dramatic weight loss , but I've done all that before and never kept off .

I feel a lot better then having a big loss.

Goal is to be 100kg by glastonbury

I started the year at 112kg and was 107 today, it's not dramatic weight loss , but I've done all that before and never kept off .

I feel a lot better then having a big loss.

Goal is to be 100kg by glastonbury
Well done mate.

94.5kg down to 90.7 for me. Like you say, it’s all about how good it makes you feel no matter what rate your losing the timber.

Only down about 6lb for the year, but 4 notches tighter on my belt and had to buy new jeans.

Been doing a lot of strength training so must have a decent recomp going on.

Just started last weekend.

Had my photo taken at an event I volunteered at and I look like a hippo in it.

Last year was hell with my mental health. Binge ate and didn't look after myself at all which triggered my crohns to flare up.

Been eating healthier this last week and tried hard to resist the junk in the cupboard. Trying to train my brain that I can have a cuppa without the biscuits!

I've restarted Freeletics and the running coach on my Garmin watch. Started doing Calm meditations again too.

Trying to go to bed earlier instead of staying up and faffing about on the internet. Removed my tablet from my bedroom so it's not there to tempt me.

Lost 2lb since last weekend, so I'm pleased with that.

Back