Weasel Handcock Blaming Patients For Care Home Deaths

On the Marr show this morning.
The discharged patients were apparently asymptomatic and the Government was supposedly unaware that people with the virus might not show symptoms.
As I said this was known about at least as far back as early February and the knacker did know because he requested people self isolate for 14 days precisely because they might have the virus and not show symptoms immediately.
But that’s not blaming the patient

Responding to further questions on care homes, Mr Hancock said: "If you compare us to other European countries, a far lower proportion of people have died in care homes - only about 30 per cent of the total deaths in care homes, compared to about 50 per cent from the European average."

He added: "The number of people going from hospital to care homes reduced in that period. It didn't go up, it reduced."

When asked if he knew how many people who were moved back to care homes had Covid-19, Mr Hancock said: "No we didn't because at that point... no it comes back to this point about asymptomatic transmission. At that point, it was not known about the asymptomatic transmission of this disease because no other coronavirus transmits asymptomatically, as my understanding."

Last edited:

Hancock needs to own up for lobbing biological bombs into care homes up and down the country. They may not have pulled the pin but they did nothing to protect the highly likely outcome we saw. It’s about time they took some responsibility for their (in)action

Where is he blaming them by saying that? It sounds like he's admitting they didn't know people who were asymptomatic could spread the virus to me. The government have undoubtedly made fuck ups, but we can't accuse them of twisting things then do it ourselves.
He's the flaming health secretary
I didn't know

Wankcock
Outside my office now

Responding to further questions on care homes, Mr Hancock said: "If you compare us to other European countries, a far lower proportion of people have died in care homes - only about 30 per cent of the total deaths in care homes, compared to about 50 per cent from the European average."

He added: "The number of people going from hospital to care homes reduced in that period. It didn't go up, it reduced."

When asked if he knew how many people who were moved back to care homes had Covid-19, Mr Hancock said: "No we didn't because at that point... no it comes back to this point about asymptomatic transmission. At that point, it was not known about the asymptomatic transmission of this disease because no other coronavirus transmits asymptomatically, as my understanding."
25,000 patients were transferred to care home in one month between 17 March and 15 April
Handcock was aware of asymptomatic transmission, 3rd March the Covid guidance specifically mentioned
"Among those who become infected, some will exhibit no symptoms"
but for 6 weeks he allowed the transfer of untested patients to care homes.
Coronavirus action plan: a guide to what you can expect across the UK
Using misleading statistics and comparisons to mislead instead of apologising or admitting responsibility.
Covid-19 death rate in UK care homes 13 TIMES higher than in Germany

And you believe Handcock?

Let's start in late February. The twat seen no issues in care homes and all staff needed to do was wash hands only, good advice or stupidity ? Over to you Joe.

I said there were failings, you could probably write a comedy sketch of most of them, however my point is about misleading people.

Take a look at what the WHO had to say about it at the same time.

I said there were failings, you could probably write a comedy sketch of most of them, however my point is about misleading people.

Take a look at what the WHO had to say about it at the same time.
Said the care homes were ring fenced. Forgot to mention about dumping hospital patients unchecked in to homes until caught out.
Was that a lie ?

Some Care Homes refused to take patients but if all Care Homes had done that where would that have left the NHS when the peak came.

I also read that there were less patients transferred to Care Homes than normal.

Said the care homes were ring fenced. Forgot to mention about dumping hospital patients unchecked in to homes until caught out.
Was that a lie ?

NHS staff were going to work day in day out without any testing.
There was no mass scale testing of anyone at the time, if you had symptoms you were told to self isolate for a week.

Are you saying that care home deaths are only due to those coming back from hospital and spreading the virus?

NHS staff were going to work day in day out without any testing.
There was no mass scale testing of anyone at the time, if you had symptoms you were told to self isolate for a week.

Are you saying that care home deaths are only due to those coming back from hospital and spreading the virus?
No idea. I don't like to lie.
I would have a guess and say it caused a lot of deaths along with carers not having correct PPE.
For the lying idiot to pretend he knew nothing about asymptomatic cases is a joke but a large % of this country would believe the gonk if he said the moon was made of cheese.

IMSC even the WHO were saying it was extremely rare asymptomatic types could spread the bug not so long back.

I read that it wasn't so much that they were asymptomatic as they didn't show classis Covid-19 symptoms, didn't get a fever or cough, they just caught pneumonia and quietly passed away.

Last edited:

Is that because our deaths outside of care homes is so high?

After passing the buck to clinicians, he is now saying the spread of covid into care homes was because patients were asymptomatic and the Government were unaware people could have the virus but not show symptoms.
There was evidence of asymptomatic carriers in February whilst this Government allowed patients to be moved in to care homes without being tested.
He should be hauled up in front of a judge along with Neil Ferguson, both are responsible for many deaths because of their stupidity.

No idea. I don't like to lie.
I would have a guess and say it caused a lot of deaths along with carers not having correct PPE.
For the lying idiot to pretend he knew nothing about asymptomatic cases is a joke but a large % of this country would believe the gonk if he said the moon was made of cheese.

It’s not exactly the best analysis of a situation but the word asymptomatic didn’t appear on here until April 20th unless my search is inaccurate.

This forum is normally on the ball with anything and everything.

It’s not exactly the best analysis of a situation but the word asymptomatic didn’t appear on here until April 20th unless my search is inaccurate.

This forum is normally on the ball with anything and everything.
It was discussed early to mid March.
It was common knowledge there were people carrying the virus but not showing symptoms when the Government ended track and tracing.

Back