Weasel Handcock Blaming Patients For Care Home Deaths

It was discussed early to mid March.
It was common knowledge there were people carrying the virus but not showing symptoms when the Government ended track and tracing.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the early asymptomatic references were for people who did not have the classic symptoms of fever and cough but then we found that they may have had the loss of taste and smell but nothing serious. This latest reference to Care Homes may be because older people also didn't develop the fever and cough but did go on to develop more serious conditions like pneumonia.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the early asymptomatic references were for people who did not have the classic symptoms of fever and cough but then we found that they may have had the loss of taste and smell but nothing serious. This latest reference to Care Homes may be because older people also didn't develop the fever and cough but did go on to develop more serious conditions like pneumonia.
Not just them, there was evidence of people with the virus but no symptoms in February, the bloke in Brighton being the prime example.
That was my chief concern the track and trace ended in March.
We still do not know who these folk are.
Super-spreaders: what are they and how are they transmitting coronavirus?

He’s a politician goes with the job.
No it doesn't.
The beast being one who never told lies.

It’s not exactly the best analysis of a situation but the word asymptomatic didn’t appear on here until April 20th unless my search is inaccurate.

This forum is normally on the ball with anything and everything.
The ferry stuck in China in February had a high % of asymptomatic cases.
This was known in February.

I'm sure frijj can.
I'm no good at that stuff.

Diamond princess early February is what you need to google.
I think it was the 2nd of February.

I’ve just been reading up on the Tenerife hotel, some that were not showing any symptoms had been allowed to leave, I cannot find out what level of testing there was mind.

It’s pretty vague from the main stream media.
I’ll do some digging.

I think this was the recently published report that Hancock was referring to.

"Based on analysis of test results from the Whole Care Home Testing Programme (of all 9,081 homes tested via pillar 2 between 11 May and 7 June):

• 2.4% of all tests were positive (9,674 out of 397,197)
  • 3.9% of residents tested positive (6,747 out of 172,066)
  • 3.3% of asymptomatic residents tested positive (5,455 out of 163,945)
  • 80.9% of residents who tested positive were asymptomatic (5,455 out of 6,747)
  • 1.2% of asymptomatic staff tested positive (2,567 out of 210,620)"

“Our early conclusions that younger people were generally asymptomatic, but older adults were less likely to be, has now been questioned,” she said.

“There has been a general assumption in some media reports that Covid-19 was a death sentence for all older people – this study emphasises that many older adults as well as younger people can have the disease mildly.”

I found this in an article.

"They are the group of up to 130 people who have been leaving since Saturday gradually.

"The members of the third group, that of the people who entered the hotel before February 24th, have been followed up and are all asymptomatic.

"Therefore, they can leave the hotel and take flights to their countries, fulfilling three conditions: that they continue asymptomatic, that they have given negative tests carried out 24 hours before and that the countries of origin have established the return mechanism guaranteeing the continuity of their monitoring when they reach their countries."

25,000 patients were transferred to care home in one month between 17 March and 15 April
Handcock was aware of asymptomatic transmission, 3rd March the Covid guidance specifically mentioned
"Among those who become infected, some will exhibit no symptoms"
but for 6 weeks he allowed the transfer of untested patients to care homes.
Coronavirus action plan: a guide to what you can expect across the UK
Using misleading statistics and comparisons to mislead instead of apologising or admitting responsibility.
Covid-19 death rate in UK care homes 13 TIMES higher than in Germany

And you believe Handcock?
Case closed. They knew about asymptomatic transmission.

They are lying through their f***ing teeth.
He’s a politician goes with the job.
Only if we elect shit politicians

Last edited:
Case closed. They knew about asymptomatic transmission.

They are lying through their f***ing teeth.

Only if we elect shit politicians

Well it’s up to them to try to prove they’re worth electing, I do mean MP’s not governments as the can put whoever they want in the cabinet.

Even when some try to reform things those in the firing line just cry about it to the sympathy of the masses.

Politics is almost a no win situation anyway but seems even more so now than it’s ever been.

Especially when you get those moaning that couldn’t even be arsed to vote.

25,000 patients were transferred to care home in one month between 17 March and 15 April
Handcock was aware of asymptomatic transmission, 3rd March the Covid guidance specifically mentioned
"Among those who become infected, some will exhibit no symptoms"
but for 6 weeks he allowed the transfer of untested patients to care homes.
Coronavirus action plan: a guide to what you can expect across the UK
Using misleading statistics and comparisons to mislead instead of apologising or admitting responsibility.
Covid-19 death rate in UK care homes 13 TIMES higher than in Germany

And you believe Handcock?

presumably those 25,000 didn’t need to be in Hospital so out or of interest what would u of done with them remembering that many of them would be suffering with dementia and as a result very likely to Be highly confused And distressed due to being in strange surroundings.

i think the crucial evidence will be whether homes were forced to take patients in order to access extra funds

is there not a thread on Johnson blaming the homes or is it wrapped in something else ?

presumably those 25,000 didn’t need to be in Hospital so out or of interest what would u of done with them remembering that many of them would be suffering with dementia and as a result very likely to Be highly confused And distressed due to being in strange surroundings.
What would I have done?
I would have certainly tested for covid before transferring a patient from medical care to a care home.
Dementia is a terrible condition and can leave the sufferer not recognising familiar surroundings and people.
To use the condition as an excuse for transferring infected patients to care homes doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
What would I have done?
I would have certainly tested for covid before transferring a patient from medical care to a care home.
Dementia is a terrible condition and can leave the sufferer not recognising familiar surroundings and people.
To use the condition as an excuse for transferring infected patients to care homes doesn't make any sense.
Are you saying that people who don’t need to be in hospital should be kept there blocking Beds just because they haven’t been tested?

even if they are infected if they are not ill enough to need hospitalisation what do you do with them?

Back