Wear-Tees Derby

Was the last one the 3-3? I left early and heard it was 3 all driving along the coast road in Shields. They’re nowt special yet all the bookies seem to have them 3rd/4th

Incorrect it's 35 f***ing mile away man

Is Preston v Liverpool a Derby ??
Is Man Utd v Sheff Wed a Derby??

Before anyone says it Liverpool Man U is not a Derby

A derby is a game against your nearest rivals whether that be same city / town or not.
Liverpool v Tranmere
Derby or not Watmore is scoring the winner nailed on 🤦‍♂️
Does he get a game for borough?
Playing a Yorkshire team isn't a derby to me. Boro are like a Jack Russell, an annoyance you can't shake off your leg.
For me Leeds are our biggest rival after the mags.

Last edited:
You've got to live in a pretty insular place and have a shit social circle not to know a fan of a team 25 miles away, Sunderland isn't Royston Vasey man, ironically it is named after one of Boro's favourite sons Chubby Brown.
I played local cricket in Durham for 30+ years so know a few lads and I have not met anyone who supports Boro …shed load of Mags mind. Therefore no local bragging rights for me or other Mackems on a Monday morning. But happy to be a Boro hater if it make their supporters involved.

Never classed it as a derby but looking forward to the games this season

Obviously nothing on the mags but it was the first fixtures i looked for. Nice to have a game with sumit about it back

I played local cricket in Durham for 30+ years so know a few lads and I have not met anyone who supports Boro …shed load of Mags mind. Therefore no local bragging rights for me or other Mackems on a Monday morning. But happy to be a Boro hater if it make their supporters involved.
I know loads of Boro fans and have no hate for them at all, it's mutual with the ones I know. As another poster said I think a rivalry with Boro is an older generation thing.

Back