Wear crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it fuck. The new one looks better than I thought it would, but the original one would have been extremely impressive and made even more of a statement.
It was never going to be built mate.some fruitcake designed it,when it went out to tender most bridge builders backed off saying it couldn't be done.Several said it could,but at huge costs.

It was never going to be built mate.some fruitcake designed it,when it went out to tender most bridge builders backed off saying it couldn't be done.Several said it could,but at huge costs.

This is completely correct. The single pier is connected which provides strength at critical points. The independent piers design consisted of two massive vertical cantilevers which needed to cater for forces in multiple planes. It works, but only with significant stiffening. Not at all practical.

I always assumed it was an exaggeration, or maybe we did have a chip on our collective shoulder. But since I took this job I've seen it with my own eyes time and again. Honestly, some of the comments from supposedly professional people have been absolutely disgraceful.
Are these local or national professionals?

I thought it looked canny shite like.

Logon or register to see this image

Much prefer the symmetry of the new design.

Logon or register to see this image

Although the height was impressive.
The one now is impressive but the original evokes expression like to lovers dancing the samba.;)

:lol::lol:

Last edited:
the only way to object to is is by snail mail, probably because they know people will be opposed to it, but will be put off complaining by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back