Wear crossing

I’ve been over it twice, the first time was just because. It’s impressive, it just needs the rest of the infrastructure finishing before it becomes more useful to more people. But even then for where I live I’d still have little need for it.
Fun fact - at rush hour it’s often quicker getting to Roker from the 1231 by crossing the new bridge and coming back over the wear bridge than it is staying on this side of the watta.

A bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles without closing the way underneath such as a body of water, valley, or road, for the purpose of providing passage over the obstacle, usually something that can be detrimental to cross otherwise.
There's always one who has to question the obvious

Fun fact - at rush hour it’s often quicker getting to Roker from the 1231 by crossing the new bridge and coming back over the wear bridge than it is staying on this side of the watta.
The way you speed around, every way is quicker.

Last edited:
We might as well have just built a monument for all the good the bridge is doing, people were saying Nissan would be shipping cars out of the wear because of it ffs

ive been over the wear bridge twice today and with the roadworks there it was gridlock.

Went for a walk down by the river this afternoon, loads of traffic going either direction over the bridge so clearly people are finding a use for it.

First time I’ve been down the riverside round that area so it was canny to get a different perspective of the river and general location that you don’t really get in a car, for starters I never realised how wide the river is down there and further west around where that shipwreck is. It’s a shame the footpath ends before you get to the Queen Alex bridge due to the factory units like, forcing you to come off the riverside and through the industrial estate.

Took this pic as well (hopefully it works).

Logon or register to see this image

There's always one who has to question the obvious

The way you speed around, every way is quicker.
I’m in a hurry. Don’t have time to wait in traffic.

ive been over the wear bridge twice today and with the roadworks there it was gridlock.
It’s still quicker than the massive queue back past the halfway house. You only need to get across the bridge itself and you can back lane it to Roker.

Last edited:
That can’t be right marra, everything over there is gold plated. I’ve read it on here.

The Gateshead Millenium Bridge also has a lot of orange rust on it now. Looks awful. It really needs repainting too.

Back