BBC Watmore 'reminds me of Bale' - Defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a very good player IMO. I'm always on the extremely sceptical side of youth players too. Really excited about DW, he should be involved in some way every

I've been very pleasantly surprised by the attitude of Defoe.

When you consider the way some never weres and never will bes go all huffy when things dont go there way then to see this lad's attitude after the career he has had - the top active goalscorer in the premier league after Rooney - it makes you realise that to be a top player you need more than just skill. You need commitment. Good on him..hope we don't sell in the next window. That would be daft..so there's a good chance we will.

When you consider the way some never weres and never will bes go all huffy when things dont go there way then to see this lad's attitude after the career he has had - the top active goalscorer in the premier league after Rooney - it makes you realise that to be a top player you need more than just skill. You need commitment. Good on him..hope we don't sell in the next window. That would be daft..so there's a good chance we will.

This, his goals are an obvious plus but his general attitude/contributions off the pitch have been top top class.

Seems to have bought into the club, no doubt pines for London occasionally but keeps a lid on it like a top professional should.

When you think of some of the useless wankers who wont settle `up north` and he`s just got on with it. Hats off. I wonder if the clubs got under his skin, theres another 2 seasons in him after this imo, looks after himself.

He's our only saleable asset so it's nailed on

The RTG Robot did not put it's clock back. There was never a thread at 3.02 or I wouldn't have posted my thread.:evil:

I'm confident Watmore will develop into a top player for us, I just hope our fans can be patient and keep our feet on the ground.

He isn't going to be the next Messi, but at this club level he can be a star.
Absolutely agree. Bale got slaughtered for a few seasons after joining Spurs. Watmore is nowhere near his peak strength yet and has everything in front of him. I'm glad BSA and Defoe realise this ahead of the airheads on here who would have him shipped out. Jesus!

He has got good potential, what we need to harness is his pace and running at defenders but also him keeping control of the ball and not outrunning himself. Also his final decision making needs to get better as well. The potential is raw at the minute but look how far hes come in the last year.

We've also got to be wary of overcoaching him mind, need to keep an element of that rawness and lack of fear.

Next Gareth Bale..........more like the next James McClean

That's exactly who I was thinking about.

I think last night proved we can play with the one striker with 2 wingers, or 3 in the middle and 2 strikers. Looks like BSA is experimenting with a few systems.

He got it spot on last night but was wrong against soton I thought

I'd play Johnson as the attacking centre mid against Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back