BBC Watmore 'reminds me of Bale' - Defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTG

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe compares the emergence of Duncan Watmore to that of Real Madrid's forward Gareth Bale.

more...

Defoe seems to have a great attitude, I just assumed he was someone who'd take a huff if it wasn't going his way...couldn't have been further from the truth. :lol:

He's the opposite isn't he, seems great

It's Difficult to fit him in at times but we must keep him

He has got good potential, what we need to harness is his pace and running at defenders but also him keeping control of the ball and not outrunning himself. Also his final decision making needs to get better as well. The potential is raw at the minute but look how far hes come in the last year.
All of these things can be taught and come with playing games at a high level.
What can't be taught is pace and ability to take on a man. He has a chance, and he will learn more of the other side of the game in a couple of months under BSA than he has in a couple of years in the U21s.

He's the opposite isn't he, seems great

It's Difficult to fit him in at times but we must keep him
I think last night proved we can play with the one striker with 2 wingers, or 3 in the middle and 2 strikers. Looks like BSA is experimenting with a few systems.

He has got good potential, what we need to harness is his pace and running at defenders but also him keeping control of the ball and not outrunning himself. Also his final decision making needs to get better as well. The potential is raw at the minute but look how far hes come in the last year.
Great comment on the BBC website last night, "who's this Watmore kid? Reminds me of Michael Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back