Watches

I wonder if the Tag Heuer E5 smartwtch is due out this year.

They brought out a new E4 in February which was only £1,550 which is fairly cheap for a newer model. It has already been reduced to £1,200 along with the other E4 models and the E4 Porsche has dropped from £2,550 to £1,700. That's on the Tag website along with all other main dealers and they've offering a £550 trade-in against all other connected models, working order or not.
Surely they're trying to massively reduce stock before a new launch but if so, I can't understand why they'd launch a new model in February and then reduce it 6 weeks later?

Not everyone's cup of tea but I've had my E3 for nearly 4 years and it's been brilliant.

Has anyone recently got a Rolex from goldsmiths and can give me a data point as to how long you waited and what your purchase history was like? On the ‘list’ for a submariner and a datejust and have bought various diamond jewellery pieces but heard nowt for coming up a year.

Debating biting the bullet and going grey.

I wonder if the Tag Heuer E5 smartwtch is due out this year.

They brought out a new E4 in February which was only £1,550 which is fairly cheap for a newer model. It has already been reduced to £1,200 along with the other E4 models and the E4 Porsche has dropped from £2,550 to £1,700. That's on the Tag website along with all other main dealers and they've offering a £550 trade-in against all other connected models, working order or not.
Surely they're trying to massively reduce stock before a new launch but if so, I can't understand why they'd launch a new model in February and then reduce it 6 weeks later?

Not everyone's cup of tea but I've had my E3 for nearly 4 years and it's been brilliant.
I wear a Tag Heuer Carrera.

Nothing against those who do, but I’m too old fashioned. I couldn't bring myself to wear a digital watch.

I must admit I've always preferred 'traditional' watches but since I got this and an Applewatch I've a drawful of other watches I never wear. Mainly for the convenience of texts and being able to pay with it. Plus I get bored with watches too easily so the fact I can regularly change the dials and straps helps with that.

Has anyone recently got a Rolex from goldsmiths and can give me a data point as to how long you waited and what your purchase history was like? On the ‘list’ for a submariner and a datejust and have bought various diamond jewellery pieces but heard nowt for coming up a year.

You’ll have to buy an Explorer or a Datejust first…then in 3 years (with that purchase history) you’ll be able to buy a submariner from an AD…then a couple of years later you’ll be able to get a Daytona.

Get a Pelagos or Black Bay instead
I'm not getting one but I really like this.

View attachment 15308
Lovely that like

Last edited:
You’ll have to buy an Explorer or a Datejust first…then in 3 years (with that purchase history) you’ll be able to buy a submariner from an AD…then a couple of years later you’ll be able to get a Daytona.

Get a Pelagos or Black Bay instead

Lovely that like

Can’t justify more watches. I need to scratch the Rolex itch so will likely end up paying over the odds somewhere else!

I know someone who has purchased 2 Pepsi GMT within the last few years and go a Daytona late last year , all from NG

I got on the list for a Daytona in 2016 and I’ve heard nothing despite a substantial history as a customer, add to that I’ve been lied to by staff in the same branch .

Don’t fall for all the AD shite , go grey and you’ll get what you want within a few days.

Wouldn’t bother trying at any of the Watches of Switzerland group, go with your wife to Preston’s or a smaller Rolex dealer and charm the dealer (not with your wife in that way before anyone says 😂). They give watches to who they like rather than who buys half the shop.

Last edited:
I got put on the list for a submariner at goldsmiths without any purchase history - just the black dial tho. Need purchase history for anything else
Be interesting to see if you get one in less than a decade
Wouldn’t bother trying at any of the Watches of Switzerland group, go with your wife to Preston’s or a smaller Rolex dealer and charm the dealer (not with your wife in that way before anyone says 😂). They give watches to who they like rather than who buys half the shop.
They like people who buy half the shop

Last edited:
Fly to Geneva. Cost me 150 quid return.

Zermatt for me 24 years ago this month.

Walked into an old independent watch shop , not there now unfortunately.

Which model did you want from stock , virtually every model on display including a Daytona

Sub non date for me.

Negotiated a discount , no VAT as I was exporting , good exchange rate back in those days worked out at just over £1200.

Hand written invoice.

Proper old fashioned way of doing business.

I have been 'on their list' For a stainless steel white faced Daytona since 2015. I am not 100% sure the list exists.

I know someone who has purchased 2 Pepsi GMT within the last few years and go a Daytona late last year , all from NG

I got on the list for a Daytona in 2016 and I’ve heard nothing despite a substantial history as a customer, add to that I’ve been lied to by staff in the same branch .

Don’t fall for all the AD shite , go grey and you’ll get what you want within a few days.
This....life's too short.

More than likely if you're in the market for that type of watch, you can probably factor in the grey market mark up and have it on your wrist by the weekend.

I know someone who absolutely won't entertain the idea of non-AD for his first one, as wants the full experience.....personally I found it a bit OTT and couldn't wait to get it on my wrist, get out the shop and try and get home without getting mugged.

My first in 2016 via an AD, a few week wait and then the choice of 3 of the 4 models I was considering, went in, tried them on a picked the one I wanted. At that time a SUB was a couple of months wait, but I was too impatient.

Last two trades and purchases have been via the grey market, at a small premium, but not enough to think I'm losing out....latest one was probs £500 over the new RRP, nowt in the scheme of things.

Who's going to tell him?
I have been 'on their list' For a stainless steel white faced Daytona since 2015. I am not 100% sure the list exists.

Good lad.
Fly to Geneva. Cost me 150 quid return.

I went to Lisbon. Got almost a grand back in tax. Free holiday.

Last edited:

Back