Watches

ighty seven

Striker
anyone into watches? I've got a nice citizen watch but always took them for granted, never realised there was a watch-geek/collecting community out there and I've been bitten by the bug. Ready to buy a Seiko Prospex on Friday because it looks a lot like a Rolex Daytona from a distance lol but it's actually a nice watch in its self.
Sorry if SEB, I did a search for 'watches' and nothing came up.

Last edited:

There used to a a thread, but it's been a while since anyone posted - let's use this one instead.

Seikos are great value watches, so good choice. I think you will find the watchfinder channel on Youtube interesting, if you haven't found it already

I’m in the process of trying to find my good watches box to see what I’d get for it. Worn it about twice in a year

Never got this like.

Certain people I mix with make a huge deal over them. Walk out of a room & they’ll be talking about a watch they spotted on someone’s wrist. Constantly adjusting their cuff to show they’re off in a manner that their clothes don’t sit right.

Suppose it’s a piece of jewellery to some. They also put a lot of emphasis on cars.

Mines a Fitbit to tell me how many calories I’m burning :lol:

I bought a Seiko watch, must be about 25 years ago, and it still keeps excellent time. I wouldn't consider it an investment piece though but a very good and reliable way of keeping track of time.
This. Just good, reliable watches that don't cost the earth and can be relatively easily repaired or serviced if needed.
I’m in the process of trying to find my good watches box to see what I’d get for it. Worn it about twice in a year

What's the watch? Out of curiosity...

Last edited:

Back