Watches

Nice that you can wear something everyday that will remind you of your father (not that you will need it). Bonus that it’s a nice watch too.
I only wear it on nights out. It was in a terrible state for years. It had been badly abused and with the original gold plated strap it was too gaudy for me. I ended up sending the case to Canada to be refinished and replaced and the company did an exquisite job for not too much money. I then had the watch reassembled and serviced and fitted a new strap - couldn’t be happier.

I only wear it on nights out. It was in a terrible state for years. It had been badly abused and with the original gold plated strap it was too gaudy for me. I ended up sending the case to Canada to be refinished and replaced and the company did an exquisite job for not too much money. I then had the watch reassembled and serviced and fitted a new strap - couldn’t be happier.
nice one matey.

Lovely watch that. Personally I'd match the strap to the bezel but either way that's a fine timepiece
You’re right - I should have got the original strap re-plated when I got the case done but I always had the intention of putting a leather strap on it. I will get in done someday. The Hirsch strap I’ve got on it is the same colour as the bezel - maroon.

Last edited:
You’re right - I should have got the original strap re-plated when I got the case done but I always had the intention of putting a leather strap on it. I will get in done someday. The Hirsch strap I’ve got on it is the same colour as the bezel - maroon.
Brown Croc strap on that would be lovely

Last edited:
Here’s the Speedmaster on the Hirsch strap:
View media item 12173My midsize 300m Diver that I bought in 2001:
View media item 12174This year’s Christmas present from the missus:
View media item 12175
Speedmaster looks good on that strap.

I got caught by the moonswatch hype last summer and have a mercury. Never worn it yet as I can't work out what it's for and I think the tachymeter sticker will disintegrate the second it touches water. Bought it as a ski watch, but I reckon it's way too femma for that - the £80 quartz MWC watch I usually use for that purpose is bulletproof by comparison.

Speedmaster looks good on that strap.

I got caught by the moonswatch hype last summer and have a mercury. Never worn it yet as I can't work out what it's for and I think the tachymeter sticker will disintegrate the second it touches water. Bought it as a ski watch, but I reckon it's way too femma for that - the £80 quartz MWC watch I usually use for that purpose is bulletproof by comparison.
I like the Moonswatch - funky, fun and an interesting homage to a piece of history. A couple of people have noticed it and asked about it (mainly middle-aged men with reasonable timepieces 😂😂) but my son is also impressed so hopefully he will copy my interest in watches. With retirement on the horizon I’m trying to talk myself into buying the recently released Planet Ocean ETNZ but it’s a huge amount of money so we will see.
I also have a Seamaster Polaris,circa 1988, that I also inherited:
View media item 12176

I like the Moonswatch - funky, fun and an interesting homage to a piece of history. A couple of people have noticed it and asked about it (mainly middle-aged men with reasonable timepieces 😂😂) but my son is also impressed so hopefully he will copy my interest in watches. With retirement on the horizon I’m trying to talk myself into buying the recently released Planet Ocean ETNZ but it’s a huge amount of money so we will see.
I also have a Seamaster Polaris,circa 1988, that I also inherited:
View media item 12176
That might be the answer like. Give it to one if the kids and hope that it foments a love of watches so when they inherit my two good watches they don't just go straight on Ebay...

Had a reet chew on before xmas, all turned out well, and for the best but fancied a change from the 2021 bi metal sub I was wearing:

Got it new from watchfinder at a good price when part-exing a black faced Explorer II so felt comfortable trading it in vs. a white faced model, and got a good money back despite the prices dropping.

They had a the last of the old model, but dated 2022 for a cracking price, so went for that one, sent my SUB to them, they did the checks, took that as payment for the EXP and paid me the balance....all good so far.

New watch turned up, and it looked as expected...but they'd sent it out in a steel SUB box with papers for that one, that which after a bit of digging was the next next watchfinder ref. number on the site, so had obviously picked the wrong box.

I asked for them to send out my box and papers and I'd send theirs back, they refused saying send theirs back first then they would send mine out. In the meantime I asked for a copy of the papers for my watch, which they sent and low and behold the 2022 EXP was actually a 2020 hence why it was such a good price :) They'd listed it incorrectly it seems.

To be fair, they offered another good deal on a 2021 new model instead and would also extend the warranty to match the 4 years I thought I was getting so went with that.

Anyway - this watch had been sent to the Bicester Village the day before as stock so would need for it to arrive there and they would despatch it......aye, that with the other 3 that were in the DHL consignment never turned up :) Gave them 48hrs to see if it did, which it didn't... then just asked for a refund.

Ended up on Chrono24, got a brand new one, dated Dec 22 from a shop in London for the same price I was going to pay for the 2021 model.....worra palaver.

Aye, anar, cool story bro, and not sure what the moral of the story is, and congratulations if you got this far.

Liam Neeson to play me in the fillum.

Love the watch like.

Anyone bought any new time pieces recently?

I bought a green tissot prx the other month it was discounted from £335 to £268 and then I had a £50 voucher code on top. Nice little watch

Back