Waking up from a dream and remembering it

I rarely dream but had one a couple of weeks ago where i was playing for the lads ( i never have dreams involving aspirational things like that ) . The lads weren't doing well and i was carrying the game on my own , one of them games where your like playing perfect on instinct . I can still recall the physical feeling of superb fitness was all over and hardly blowing , Bellinghamesque.
Laid a pass off , went for the return clear in on goal and fuckin woke up . Id give a good few quid to finish that dream .

Had sleep paralysis before, I was facing the wall and my eyes were open but couldn’t move.

I heard my bedroom door open, and knew something was coming towards me. Slowly, but like muffled footsteps.. almost like someone walking in snow.

Anyway gets close to me and I could feel the breath of ‘somethjng’ on my shoulder… I’m panicking like fuck at this point. Then it leaned its head over the top of me (so it’s head was upside down) and looked at me! Fuck knows what it was, it was like the blokes mask of sinister (if anyones seen it) but didn’t do anything just looked at me for a short while and I managed to finally get up.

Never had it before after, but I can remember it clear as day. And that was about 7/8 year ago.

Had sleep paralysis before, I was facing the wall and my eyes were open but couldn’t move.

I heard my bedroom door open, and knew something was coming towards me. Slowly, but like muffled footsteps.. almost like someone walking in snow.

Anyway gets close to me and I could feel the breath of ‘somethjng’ on my shoulder… I’m panicking like fuck at this point. Then it leaned its head over the top of me (so it’s head was upside down) and looked at me! Fuck knows what it was, it was like the blokes mask of sinister (if anyones seen it) but didn’t do anything just looked at me for a short while and I managed to finally get up.

Never had it before after, but I can remember it clear as day. And that was about 7/8 year ago.
Bloody hell that's scary as shit 😱😳

Oh I can remember you saying that. That's the ultimate dream ability. If you can take charge of a nasty one maybe it means you have control over your life ... Or think you have.

Are you able to return to a nice one if you wake up? Think I maybe have occasionally if the waking up is brief but not sure.
I don't think so. Have done the returning thing before, but not sure it's necessarily got anything to do with me controlling it. Only seem to be able to do it with frightening, disconcerting, disturbing dreams. I can make them into little films that are less terrifying

That's why after the first sleep paralysis thing I never got so frightened cos I knew I was sleeping and it wasn't real and could make it go away.

It's hard to explain. I don't really know how i can do it I just can.

I was actually a bit scared to go to sleep last night. Had me night light on 😳😳👀
I didn't dream a thing last night....not a thing

Remember sleep is your friend.

You seem pretty together pretty chilled, sleep paralysis tends to occur at times of anxiety and stress. You'll be fine. If it does dig deep into your sleep subconscious and remind yourself. I am asleep, this is not real

Otherwise imagine kicking sh*t out of the manifest,

Aye I used to get that, although I'd be lying in bed looking towards the corner of the room and there'd be a dark figure just watching before coming closer.

It was down to anxiety, which didn't help because I got all the more anxious about going to sleep knowing it was going to happen.

I rarely dream but had one a couple of weeks ago where i was playing for the lads ( i never have dreams involving aspirational things like that ) . The lads weren't doing well and i was carrying the game on my own , one of them games where your like playing perfect on instinct . I can still recall the physical feeling of superb fitness was all over and hardly blowing , Bellinghamesque.
Laid a pass off , went for the return clear in on goal and fuckin woke up . Id give a good few quid to finish that dream .
No happy finish

Had a dream a few years ago where I was hanging out with Scarlett Johannson, somewhere, and she started to take her kit off. Woke up hungover as owt in my mate's front room surrounded by cans and his cat was having a shite in the litterbox in the corner. Hollywood ending.
Years ago I dreamt I was stuck up the waddest wad in all of Red'ouse . I got such a shock i woke up . I could not go back to sleep, so. inevitably..........

Last edited:
I’m scared of the dark if I’m on my own in my house. I leave the bathroom light on. I’m fine if other people are asleep in the house. Can’t watch horror films if I’m on my own either. I’m a 46 year old ‘man’. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I remember as a kid when I needed a wee my mam had to stand at the bottom of the stairs and sing you are my sunshine to me. I was too scared to go up without her doing that. I’m like you, I can’t watch horror films by myself either, I’m usually behind a cushion even in company. I’m glad it’s not just me!!

I remember as a kid when I needed a wee my mam had to stand at the bottom of the stairs and sing you are my sunshine to me. I was too scared to go up without her doing that. I’m like you, I can’t watch horror films by myself either, I’m usually behind a cushion even in company. I’m glad it’s not just me!!
It’s ridiculous really. I don’t believe in ghosts or any of that shit. But in a house on my own, at night, and my imagination ruins me.

Back