Voting - Earth

Picture of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After much consideration I've gone for Spav's as I actually really like the innovation of it and think the elevation of it looks superb - Plus the redish tinge on the spade. I don't buy in to the whole title issue - I am judging a photo not a naming competition.

Also really like Keeps21 but just couldn't bring myself to vote for more then 1. It's a great photo if, in my opinion, a little obvious for the theme. Saying that I would love to take something that was as technically great as that :)

I'll be hoying in a March entry but don't want any Eurovision esq political voting accusations when I win ;)

Thanks fella - I'll vote for you in March ;)

The reddish tinge was from a candle that I had lit by my foot. Just to give you an idea of how deranged I must have looked to my neighbours, like.

Nor me.

What if it is a tie?

Who has the casting vote?

I know I should have read the rules....

Mark Denton, according to the rules.

If you're reading this Mark, I think you're lovely. Have you been working out? :-D

Some really really good entries this month, and although I preferred to only pick one, I thought both of these deserved a vote:

1 Vote - Taipeisafc

Fantastic shot, although being a relative newcomer to this photography lark, I have heard a lot of talk about HDR and have mostly seen it used very badly. However, that shot is superb and the effect really adds to the shot in a positive way. Bang on the theme too (imo)

1 Vote - Ghost of EH7

Great shot, very earthy tones and textures. A very simple subject but superbly shot and framed. Not as close to the theme as Taipei's but a cracking photograph none the less.

Well done gents

i dont understand anything about art but i voted for 3... then it turned out the 3 were all in the lead anyhow. It's just like politics this mind

So comming into the final furlong it's Ghost of EH7, keeps21 and Not Spavin all neck and neck with APB only a head behind and Roger a head behind him.

Then comes the pack with Crazy Legs and taipeisafc a head in front of Cartman, clyde, ds0rco and janiep.

Behind the pack and out of the running are Mercia Blackcat, peachbum and robinp with grrwoofwoofgrowl, ThankHeavenForShed7 and WillD trailing off.

Looks like a Grandstand finish

Squeaky bums time. :lol:

Last edited:
Just one vote from me, voted for Ashes to Ashes. It's a lovely photo, meets the theme well and I just keep going back to it for another look.

One vote from me as usual and this month it goes to peachbum.

An outstanding effort.

Looking at peachbum's entry I have to wonder where it represents looking through a microscope or a telescope.

It looks in one way as if it is asteroids colliding during the formation of the Earth and in another way a closeup of the elements that make the Earth. The macrocosm in the microcosm.

A truly outstanding piece of creatrive photography that would be a talking point if hung on anyone's living room wall.

Edit: this should read
Thank you so much Mercia Blackcat! Lovely words, most encouraging.

I'm surprised you haven't had more votes to be honest.

The criteria I used to vote was...."I wish I'd thought of that" with so many good entries to choose from.

I tried doing something similar a while ago now, using crushed ice on black portfolio lining paper which was absorbant. Just spread the ice out and took shots from different angles. A bit like looking at clouds when we were kids and picking shapes out.

Faces of Ice

Logon or register to see this image

Ghost of EH7 edges in front.......

Last edited:
Some really really good entries this month, and although I preferred to only pick one, I thought both of these deserved a vote:

1 Vote - Taipeisafc

Fantastic shot, although being a relative newcomer to this photography lark, I have heard a lot of talk about HDR and have mostly seen it used very badly. However, that shot is superb and the effect really adds to the shot in a positive way. Bang on the theme too (imo)

1 Vote - Ghost of EH7

Great shot, very earthy tones and textures. A very simple subject but superbly shot and framed. Not as close to the theme as Taipei's but a cracking photograph none the less.

Well done gents

Cheers mate, I was trying not to produce a hugely overprocessed view - was aiming for a kind of bleak wasteland type of shot. I actually went out with a completely different plan and the 5 for the HDR shot were the last I took.

Cheers mate, I was trying not to produce a hugely overprocessed view - was aiming for a kind of bleak wasteland type of shot. I actually went out with a completely different plan and the 5 for the HDR shot were the last I took.

I take it that's a bit more advanced than point and click on auto :oops:

1 Vote - Taipeisafc

1 Vote - Ghost of EH7

Well done gents

Thanks Rossscoah.

I was trying to show that the leaf is going back from whence it came, so to speak, to the earth.

Pleased so many like the shot, if only I could think of something for this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back