Vocal fry

The way some American women speak in slang, probably since at least the 1950s

But in today's world it has to be given a name so as to single them out and belittle them

And it's the SMB. One of the finest places to witness old men having a meltdown at the modern world

Limitless it is. And boring, tiresome and pathetic
I’m hearing this exact tone when reading what you typed 😄

Anyone else noticed an increase in this? Horrible imo, seems to be a lot of unintelligent lasses doing it to make themselves sound more important/intelligent. I think Kim Kardashian may be the evil behind this epidemic.

love Livingston in that.

People do it in the uk but its more to make them sound stupid so the get attention.

''like, I was literally dying so much it was cringe''

Is what I heard recently

It doesn't bother me - but I'm quite a saddo who really enjoys looking at language change and the like.

Teenage kids trying to speak like some kind of stereo-typical black London street gangsta when they're a white middle class girl from the posh bit of a town nowhere near there however - that one is personally doing my head in at the moment with my own.

And the teenage addition of -uh to any protest about "I wasn't doing nuffink-uh!"

It's even worse when a 60 yearly old bloke talks like that
Logon or register to see this image

The way some American women speak in slang, probably since at least the 1950s

But in today's world it has to be given a name so as to single them out and belittle them

And it's the SMB. One of the finest places to witness old men having a meltdown at the modern world

Limitless it is. And boring, tiresome and pathetic
I’m in total meltdown at the modern world.

Anyone else noticed an increase in this? Horrible imo, seems to be a lot of unintelligent lasses doing it to make themselves sound more important/intelligent. I think Kim Kardashian may be the evil behind this epidemic.

You are a Tory boy misogynist twat - a conservative who has fuck all to conserve.
Look it up - it's you.

It's a wonderful Australian animated programme on Cbeebies about a family of Blue Heeler dogs. I haven't noticed any Australian Upswing with the voice characterisations. I don't know why the Brummie accent gets so much stick, when the way some Australians speak is like fingernails scraping down a blackboard.

It's a wonderful Australian animated programme on Cbeebies about a family of Blue Heeler dogs. I haven't noticed any Australian Upswing with the voice characterisations. I don't know why the Brummie accent gets so much stick, when the way some Australians speak is like fingernails scraping down a blackboard.

Ah, I did google it and the dog cartoon came up, but as you say it doesn't seem to have up talking.

Seems less common these days in the UK. I remember it being more commonplace and over exaggerated years ago. And the media blaming Australian soaps.

I have never heard of "vocal fry" but there are some people who talk with a croaky voice both men and women and not just Americans. I dosen't really worry me because coming from Sunlun & living down south for what is now the greater part of my life I have been confronted by people for years and years who think that I talk funny.

What puzzles me most about current speech is why in conversation lots of people being their scentences with the word "So". The word is nearly always completely superfluous and adds nothiing to the meaning of what they are saying.

So what's that all about then?

I have never heard of "vocal fry" but there are some people who talk with a croaky voice both men and women and not just Americans. I dosen't really worry me because coming from Sunlun & living down south for what is now the greater part of my life I have been confronted by people for years and years who think that I talk funny.

What puzzles me most about current speech is why in conversation lots of people being their scentences with the word "So". The word is nearly always completely superfluous and adds nothiing to the meaning of what they are saying.

So what's that all about then?

Soo, it's like what I touched on EARLIER.
So, like. In one of my previous POSTS.
Like it's sooo ANNOYING.
So, go check it out dude .🤣

Just remembered another annoying trait.
Where people use text abbreviation in speech FFS.

ie. They will actually say rofl, lol, pmsl, ect or spell them out in sentences.

So, like , O M G , I was like soo wasted last night
L O L, rofl. 🤔😧

Need slatting with a shit filled wet sock .

I remember seeing an interview with britney spears years ago and she was talking like that and I was confused why she was doing it. I noticed other people doing it as well and then I saw that video last year, I've still got it in my Netflix list to watch
Great show, Loudermilk. He's permanently pissed off with everyone but eloquent with it.

Back