Vocal fry

Anyone else noticed an increase in this? Horrible imo, seems to be a lot of unintelligent lasses doing it to make themselves sound more important/intelligent. I think Kim Kardashian may be the evil behind this epidemic.

Yeah, I remember there was a program on the BBC radio dedicated to it. Kardashian was one of the first and I think it's called creaking.
F'king annoying whatever it is.

Can you tell me what it is without me having to watch the video?
The way some American women speak in slang, probably since at least the 1950s

But in today's world it has to be given a name so as to single them out and belittle them

And it's the SMB. One of the finest places to witness old men having a meltdown at the modern world

Limitless it is. And boring, tiresome and pathetic

I remember seeing an interview with britney spears years ago and she was talking like that and I was confused why she was doing it. I noticed other people doing it as well and then I saw that video last year, I've still got it in my Netflix list to watch

So it seems to be younguns talking in an annoying way and putting on a bit of an affectation?

Yep, definately annoying in that way that kids have been annoying us oldies since time immemorial. Wee buggers.

Mind you when I was a youngun I never annoyed anyone.....ever

Uptalk where every sentence is like a question is fookin annoying.
And the start of every sentence with "so" or "like" fook sake 🙄

Is it not just an evolution of when people started talking like the American pie band camp lass and putting an emphasis on the last word in their sentences?

All I see is a staged depiction of a certain demographic (stereotypically powerful) in society publicly mocking another demographic (stereotypically weak) in society

For "comedy" purposes. As if to normalise the mockery

You have to ask why that is

And people on here blaming pop culture icons who peaked 10/20 years ago for how they think the world is in 2024

It's fascinating I suppose, if somewhat tragic

Anyone else noticed an increase in this? Horrible imo, seems to be a lot of unintelligent lasses doing it to make themselves sound more important/intelligent. I think Kim Kardashian may be the evil behind this epidemic.

‘Creaky’ voice. Been around for years, it’s far more common in the States.

Back