Vocal fry

Anyone else noticed an increase in this? Horrible imo, seems to be a lot of unintelligent lasses doing it to make themselves sound more important/intelligent. I think Kim Kardashian may be the evil behind this epidemic.

Mildly irritating but not a new thing and not a big deal. I tried watching loudermilk this weekend whilst off work and it’s just annoying. Had promise but it’s like a crass recovering alcoholic attempt at edgy one foot in the grave!

All I see is a staged depiction of a certain demographic (stereotypically powerful) in society publicly mocking another demographic (stereotypically weak) in society

For "comedy" purposes. As if to normalise the mockery

You have to ask why that is

And people on here blaming pop culture icons who peaked 10/20 years ago for how they think the world is in 2024

It's fascinating I suppose, if somewhat tragic

You must be a blast at parties.

Anyone else noticed an increase in this? Horrible imo, seems to be a lot of unintelligent lasses doing it to make themselves sound more important/intelligent. I think Kim Kardashian may be the evil behind this epidemic.

Loudermilk is amazing. :lol: :cool:
American 'comedy'.

Fantastic show!
Can you tell me what it is without me having to watch the video?

A clip from the TV show "Loudermilk", which is well worth watching.

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me - but I'm quite a saddo who really enjoys looking at language change and the like.

Teenage kids trying to speak like some kind of stereo-typical black London street gangsta when they're a white middle class girl from the posh bit of a town nowhere near there however - that one is personally doing my head in at the moment with my own.

And the teenage addition of -uh to any protest about "I wasn't doing nuffink-uh!"

Can't say I've ever really noticed it in real life tbh though I wouldn't be that arsed anyway and probably heard worse like when people pretended to be Mancunian in the 90s or from Sheffield in the 00s. I'm sure theres been loads of young uns put on shit voices to think they were cool, all part of growing up. Could be worse things they are doing.

Back