Views on The KLF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were a brightly burning torch in the darkness of popular music, a band that pumped all the money they made back into their stage shows because they were in it for the art, not for the money.

The reason they burnt the million quid was supposedly because when they called it a day they still had a million quid in their bank account but as I said, had never been in it for the money.

Absolute legends. Something all bands should aspire to - making music for the sake of making music, not making music to try to get famous or get rich.

I salute them.

o7

Down with the crew crew
Talkin' 'bout the Mu Mu
Justified Ancient Liberation Zulus

f***ing hell, you rubbish most electronic music for its lack of craft and yet worship the KLF!

Not in it for the money:lol:

f***ing hell, you rubbish most electronic music for its lack of craft and yet worship the KLF!

Not in it for the money:lol:

All about the art, and their art was fine. ;)

A band with proper energy. They weren't technically amazing from a musician's standpoint, but a handful of their songs were timeless classics.

All about the art, and their art was fine. ;)

A band with proper energy. They weren't technically amazing from a musician's standpoint, but a handful of their songs were timeless classics.

You realise don't you that they lifted all that 23/Justified Ancients stuff from a techno collective who were popular (but not pop-ular) at the time called Spiral Tribe, who in turn were referencing Robert Anton Wilson's much earlier Illuminatus Trilogy?

They never had a single original idea between them, just the ability to pilfer and persuade the gullible to part with their cash.

Artists :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You realise don't you that they lifted all that 23/Justified Ancients stuff from a techno collective who were popular (but not pop-ular) at the time called Spiral Tribe, who in turn were referencing Robert Anton Wilson's much earlier Illuminatus Trilogy?

They never had a single original idea between them, just the ability to pilfer and persuade the gullible to part with their cash.

Artists :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, they must have done something right. I've never heard of Spiral Tribe and yet I have heard of KLF, a band that wrote a number of tracks I'm very fond of and had a philosophy I find appealing.

The KLF are the Justified Ancients of MU. If you understand then you have a certain higher conscience that we share as brother's and sister's. If you cannot and will not begin to understand any of this then you may have already fallen victim. We are the people and the time has come, Hail Discordia!! We are a peaceful, loving and caring civilization that live among you and i only hope for you to one day step into our skins and see what we see. This following list of comments are an indicator of our number, Number of our fallen family member's and those not yet enlightened to which i say and to all "We've got to teach and everything we learn will point to the fact that time is eternal" the KLF, also known as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, further known as the JAMMS......over and out...

Nope, but reading Spiral Tribe's wiki page, I can't see much of a connection in philosophies.

The rave that changed the law

One of the many things I remember most clearly was leaving site after it had finished and stopping in a service station on the way home, and realising we were on the front page of every national newspaper. Had no idea while it was going on, no internet in them days :D

="raindog, post: 27747151, member: 27167"

The whole of that quote is from the Illuminatus Trilogy.

The Illuminatus! Trilogy - Wikipedia

Last edited:
You realise don't you that they lifted all that 23/Justified Ancients stuff from a techno collective who were popular (but not pop-ular) at the time called Spiral Tribe, who in turn were referencing Robert Anton Wilson's much earlier Illuminatus Trilogy

Bill Drummond was a set designer on a play about the Illumintus in 1976. Loads of nutters went on about 23 & the law of fives back then.

Bill Drummond was a set designer on a play about the Illumintus in 1976. Loads of nutters went on about 23 & the law of fives back then.

Indeed...

The 23-strong cast featured several actors, such as Jim Broadbent, David Rappaport and Chris Langham, who went on to successful film, stage and television careers. Broadbent alone played more than a dozen characters in the play.[36] Bill Drummond designed sets for the show, and it was eventually seen (when it moved to London, with Bill Nighy then joining the cast) by the young Jimmy Cauty. Drummond and Cauty later went on to form the Illuminatus!-inspired electronica band The KLF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back