Views on The KLF...

I thought I knew who you were talking about there, until I realised that the Ian Bain I know is a well known Durham surgeon.

Who is this one, and what would I learn by subscribing to his YouTube channel?

I dont really know marra it was his comment on the video i posted youtube page

klf - chillout, is among the greatest albums of all time. the end.

For deaf people.

That 23/MuMu/All Hail Discordia (I had a copy of the Principia Discordia before Cauty and Drummond had been in a studio :cool:) thing had run right through 80s counter cultural (particularly) electronic music - for example Psychic TV/Throbbing Gristle associates 23 Skidoo.

The difference being that these artists referenced the 'philosophy' (for want of a better word ) in order to develop the context of their already challenging music.

Cauty and Drummond did nothing of the sort: they stole the philosophy wholesale in order to legitimise the artistic claims of their really rather terrible pop music in order to make money.

Take away the philosophy and mystique and what are you left with? Stock, Aitken and Waterman with shit top hats and comedy capes.

For deaf people.

That 23/MuMu/All Hail Discordia (I had a copy of the Principia Discordia before Cauty and Drummond had been in a studio :cool:) thing had run right through 80s counter cultural (particularly) electronic music - for example Psychic TV/Throbbing Gristle associates 23 Skidoo.

The difference being that these artists referenced the 'philosophy' (for want of a better word ) in order to develop the context of their already challenging music.

Cauty and Drummond did nothing of the sort: they stole the philosophy wholesale in order to legitimise the artistic claims of their really rather terrible pop music in order to make money.

Take away the philosophy and mystique and what are you left with? Stock, Aitken and Waterman with shit top hats and comedy capes.
Some SAW stuff is brilliant too. Plenty of shite mind!

What are the forum’s views of The KLF? Just watched a short piece from The One Show from last year when they made a promised return after 23 years. They turned up in their ice cteam van, did a book signing with a stamp and the rules were they wouldn’t speak. The reporter told the story of them burning a million pounds 23 years ago, anybody know if this really happened, or if it was just a gimmick? Would like to know how the SMB remember them....cheers
All aboard, it’s gonna rock ya...

I'm happy to open for Team Anti. They were absolutely shit, utter f***ing turd, who stole a load of ideology stuff off other artists in order to convince the gullible that there was something deeper to dreadful streaming turd like Doctorin' the Tardis.

But but but the Chill Out album...:rolleyes::D

Massive piss take of a gullible record-buying public iirc.

Chill out album was class...well I think it was. Stoned off my tits never got past Elvis on the radio before I was out.

1990 springs instantly to mind - KLF, Adamski, Snap , Charlatans, Happy Mondays & Soup Dragons, with a long hot summer and a world cup into the mix. Happy days indeed :)

Smash Hits 1991 was my first cassette compilation album as an 11 year old.

Love this thread. Happy memories!

1990 springs instantly to mind - KLF, Adamski, Snap , Charlatans, Happy Mondays & Soup Dragons, with a long hot summer and a world cup into the mix. Happy days indeed :)
Pretty much how I remember that year, also with me starting to get heavily into techno and wear fm not far behind :) what time is love is a cracking tune

Chill Out was a genre defining work of genius. The white room seems to be widely considered a better album but not for me.

The band themselves forgot they were musicians after a while and instead became performance artists and were extremely influential - banksy took huge inspiration - but i preferred them as musicians.

Back