Views on The KLF...

busta777

Midfield
What are the forum’s views of The KLF? Just watched a short piece from The One Show from last year when they made a promised return after 23 years. They turned up in their ice cteam van, did a book signing with a stamp and the rules were they wouldn’t speak. The reporter told the story of them burning a million pounds 23 years ago, anybody know if this really happened, or if it was just a gimmick? Would like to know how the SMB remember them....cheers

I'm happy to open for Team Anti. They were absolutely shit, utter f***ing turd, who stole a load of ideology stuff off other artists in order to convince the gullible that there was something deeper to dreadful streaming turd like Doctorin' the Tardis.

But but but the Chill Out album...:rolleyes::D

massive pissstake of the music industry iirc
Massive piss take of a gullible record-buying public iirc.

massive pissstake of the music industry iirc

This especially. :lol:
Although it didn't work out.

I'm happy to open for Team Anti. They were absolutely shit, utter f***ing turd, who stole a load of ideology stuff off other artists in order to convince the gullible that there was something deeper to dreadful streaming turd like Doctorin' the Tardis.

But but but the Chill Out album...:rolleyes::D

Massive piss take of a gullible record-buying public iirc.

Some cracking tracks amongst it all.

A lad at work was talking about them the other day. ;)
All I recalled when prompted was the Tammy Wynette collaboration. But since that brief conversation at work I remembered the Doctor Who 'Doctorin' The Tardis' mash up they released with Gary Glitter. Although I reckon they probably want to forget that one.

First CD album I bought was the White Room.
There was a programme about the whole episode not that long ago.

Wasn't quite the first for me but was a very early one and I thought it was a great album. I think its stood the test of time too.

This especially. :lol:
Although it didn't work out.

Some cracking tracks amongst it all.

The Manual - Wikipedia :lol:

Although they had started taking things a bit more seriously towards the end. I think even they couldn't decide if they stuck around if they would ever be seen as a serious band hence the Brit Awards and dead sheep.

What are the forum’s views of The KLF? Just watched a short piece from The One Show from last year when they made a promised return after 23 years. They turned up in their ice cteam van, did a book signing with a stamp and the rules were they wouldn’t speak. The reporter told the story of them burning a million pounds 23 years ago, anybody know if this really happened, or if it was just a gimmick? Would like to know how the SMB remember them....cheers

They were a brightly burning torch in the darkness of popular music, a band that pumped all the money they made back into their stage shows because they were in it for the art, not for the money.

The reason they burnt the million quid was supposedly because when they called it a day they still had a million quid in their bank account but as I said, had never been in it for the money.

Absolute legends. Something all bands should aspire to - making music for the sake of making music, not making music to try to get famous or get rich.

I salute them.

o7

Down with the crew crew
Talkin' 'bout the Mu Mu
Justified Ancient Liberation Zulu

Back