Victory Club

So you just Ambled in and expected the world?
Not closing

Seems a bit bizarre that you are paying for sports but not showing them in favour of a free channel showing information that anyone can easily find in a couple of presses of their mobiles. If I went to our local on a day when football is being shown and they said they were not showing the match in favour of skysports news I would laugh actually.

As you say, its hard to please all but I would expect most people going out on a match day would expect live football to be shown in pubs that can and probably vice versa, pubs that are looking to attract match day punters, would think that showing live football would attract more people.

Easy to say when you are not running a place but there you go.
I don’t know who said we don’t show matches (Chinese wishers you know the sane )We do show matches that are on sky or BT Football News probably on before one of the games started we would not invest in one of the biggest screen in the north east if we weren’t going to use it to show sport but as I said can’t please everyone all of the time as everyone in this world is different

heard a rumour last night that someone asked one of the staff to change the channel on the tele and was told that they can't because the manager (who wasn't in) had the TV remote on him/her.

was just said in passing last night so no idea if it's true like. :lol:
ONLY RUMOURS - Manager was in Owner was out Good job two old biddies who come everyday didn’t want coronation street on Staff don’t change televisions when you controlling 3 rooms of tvs

Last edited:

Not closing

I don’t know who said we don’t show matches (Chinese wishers you know the sane )We do show matches that are on sky or BT Football News probably on before one of the games started we would not invest in one of the biggest screen in the north east if we weren’t going to use it to show sport but as I said can’t please everyone all of the time as everyone in this world is different

ONLY RUMOURS - Manager was in Owner was out Good job two old biddies who come everyday didn’t want coronation street on Staff don’t change televisions when you controlling 3 rooms of tvs

How big is the screen?

Go in The Victory before every game, don't live in the town,so it's game days only.
The upstairs bar has a good friendly atmosphere and I've never seen any bother.
Noticed @Doberman and his mates haven't been in but their tables have been taken by another crowd.
Always full, and setting rumours away on twatter and twat book and on here can ruin a persons business.
It's not everybody's cup of tea (or pint of beer) but it's a handy place for a drink before the games.

Go in The Victory before every game, don't live in the town,so it's game days only.
The upstairs bar has a good friendly atmosphere and I've never seen any bother.
Noticed @Doberman and his mates haven't been in but their tables have been taken by another crowd.
Always full, and setting rumours away on twatter and twat book and on here can ruin a persons business.
It's not everybody's cup of tea (or pint of beer) but it's a handy place for a drink before the games.
See you match

TV must be at least 47" in there.
It a big screen nearly size of stage great for matches

Last edited:
You're right, WMC are dying, but so are local pubs. There's one pretty local to me and I'm in most Sunday afternoons. The bar is pretty full and the people who are in are in every weekend.

The first point is exactly why it's closing I would imagine. Maybe if the staff know the place is a dead horse they're not really arsed about it anymore.
It is not closing still have live music bingos dart and dominos teams /snooker teams/football team so still busy during the week

Back