Victory Club

Been going after the game this season, but due to the stench of piss, it’s been decided that it’s no longer an option, shame as it’s canny other than that.

It’s hard to please 400 people all at the same time television are all linked so you change one you change whole pub as for juke box it didn’t pay for its self so why keep things that don’t get used .Wide choice of beers so a tap change is nothing it’s a sign of the times if people support their pubs we can keep lots of things going

Seems a bit bizarre that you are paying for sports but not showing them in favour of a free channel showing information that anyone can easily find in a couple of presses of their mobiles. If I went to our local on a day when football is being shown and they said they were not showing the match in favour of skysports news I would laugh actually.

As you say, its hard to please all but I would expect most people going out on a match day would expect live football to be shown in pubs that can and probably vice versa, pubs that are looking to attract match day punters, would think that showing live football would attract more people.

Easy to say when you are not running a place but there you go.

It’s hard to please 400 people all at the same time television are all linked so you change one you change whole pub as for juke box it didn’t pay for its self so why keep things that don’t get used .Wide choice of beers so a tap change is nothing it’s a sign of the times if people support their pubs we can keep lots of things going

Why were you or your staff so nasty towards @Doberman? Was it because he is ginger? Don’t you like the wannabe hoolie look?

He is a regular man, can’t be treating your best customers like that, he might take his £20 every two weeks somewhere else.

heard a rumour last night that someone asked one of the staff to change the channel on the tele and was told that they can't because the manager (who wasn't in) had the TV remote on him/her.

was just said in passing last night so no idea if it's true like. :lol:

Seems a bit bizarre that you are paying for sports but not showing them in favour of a free channel showing information that anyone can easily find in a couple of presses of their mobiles. If I went to our local on a day when football is being shown and they said they were not showing the match in favour of skysports news I would laugh actually.

As you say, its hard to please all but I would expect most people going out on a match day would expect live football to be shown in pubs that can and probably vice versa, pubs that are looking to attract match day punters, would think that showing live football would attract more people.

Easy to say when you are not running a place but there you go.

Not sure I agree like. SSN/soccer Saturday is class as it’s easy to dip in and out of, also loads of people have bets on. If I’m drinking with my mates we aren’t all going to be glued to a screen showing a random game.

Not sure I agree like. SSN/soccer Saturday is class as it’s easy to dip in and out of, also loads of people have bets on. If I’m drinking with my mates we aren’t all going to be glued to a screen showing a random game.

this was at lunchtime prior to our game. There was only one game on at the time. The rest kicked off at 3pm.

Used to get in before every match. Never bother these days. Jan was always canny. The fat old bloke behind the bar was a tit though, short changed me by mistake many times.

Someone going into a pub 25 times a year is canny custom? No the wonder the pub trade is in its arse.

My mates dad was a regular in about 6 boozers - the North Eastern (Jarrow), Smugglers, The Commando, The Westoe, The Havelock etc. It was a twat to track him down.
I'd say going into a boozer 25 times a year is canny custom if it's not your only haunt.

Like customers with a bit of banter but just like people to know we are not closing it’s a family run pub but is hard to please everyone at the same time thing do change

We've drank in there for years before the matches and it's absolutely fine.

Last edited:
Interesting to read this.

Sunderland deaf club, in which I volunteer work behind the bar on match days. We have updated the basement bar which many people didn’t know of. Since the demi close down I have notice new faces coming in. The numbers increasing. We have just missed out on buying the Demi due to a cash buyer which was a huge disappointment for us. (I went into the cellar of the Demi and blimey I felt sickening to the stomach that they are serving those from a dirty cellar!) I reassure you our cellar is clean and we clean the lines every single week without a miss. We believe in quality and clean drinks for our customers. As we have missed out on the Demi, I am on the development committee, working behind the scene to obtain fundings to improve the bars on two floors to make the club better. With the sheepfold development coming in, it is Time for change as there’s aren’t any good bars around the area. .........

What did you say?

Back