Vegetarians, Vegans & Pescatarians

Cut down nmy meat intake because I only buy locally sourced stuff that hasn't been factory farmed, it more expensive so I buy & eat less
Still have the occasional hankering for Salmi, chorizo etc which will probably kill me

Do you bodybuild? If not you probably don't have to worry about protein too much. Health industry has everyone obsessed over protein when protein deficiency is pretty much unheard of.
Chronic protein overconsumption can also increase the risk of conditions such as cardiovascular disease, blood vessel disorders, liver and kidney issues, and seizures.

But look at those guns! Hell yeah!

Chronic protein overconsumption can also increase the risk of conditions such as cardiovascular disease, blood vessel disorders, liver and kidney issues, and seizures.

But look at those guns! Hell yeah!
Yeah people are absolutely over doing it and are getting obsessive. Food companies are cashing in on it massively too, stamping high protein across every product that doesn't need to be high protein at all. Got everyone convinced they need to be on high protein diets getting high amounts of protein with every meal.

Do you bodybuild? If not you probably don't have to worry about protein too much. Health industry has everyone obsessed over protein when protein deficiency is pretty much unheard of.
I'm 73 and getting enough protein is a known problem as you get older. I have a high muscle to fat ratio and want to keep it, I exercise a lot but I have never taken protein supplements.

Last edited:
My neighbour is a colour sergeant in the forces and was advised to adopt a vegan diet in order to maintain the necessary fitness/health to continue to serve into his 40s.

I was quite shocked to hear this as I wouldn't expect it from the British Army but apparently it's done wonders for him. Lowered his blood pressure and all kinds

Good Apple today in town was ridiculous. I got a chillidog about the size of a brick and the missis a beautiful falafal flatbread. Wonderful bait. Good Apple is not just the best vegan cafe in Sunderland its probay the best cafe in Sunderland. Two specials weekly with amazing variety of dishes.

Sunderland may only have one vegan cafe but we are so lucky that we've got the one we've got. I suggest that whatever your diet everyone should eat there

Back