Vegetarians, Vegans & Pescatarians

Animals eat other animals. It’s the law of evolution. Monkeys had a brain explosion for a reason when they started hunting.
In Mexico I ate dried insects mixed with chilli, really good too washed down with a cold beer and tequila. But could I eat that all the time? No.

This is the type of diet they want us to have to ‘save the planet’ (from who I’m often wondering) and it just can’t beat ‘meat and two veg’. Everything must be in balance.

A friend of mine set me up on a blind date with her vegetarian mate but I’m very nervous...I’ve never met herbivore
You’ve obviously found the same source as @Space Hopper - what’s the matter, jealous of him getting likes ?
Some people like the taste of meat and meat products but don't like animal cruelty or the negative health effects. Really isn't too hard too understand unless you're thick as a castle wall.
My daughter is exactly that, she can’t abide the thought of an animal being killed so she can eat it - she’s a very kind and caring person and we’ve always supported her choice

Last edited:
Vegan for four years now, veggie for a year before that. Am really happy as it is, and can't see me ever going back. Could suggest that eating meat-free does not have to consist of only eating processed stuff from a supermarket or the vegan equivalent of a Westler's but that's maybe pointless.

The cabbage salad is superb on a house special kebab from bridge end pizza shop but it would be a shallow husk of a meal without the meat
And obviously a kebab from a pizza shop is as good as vegetables and salad can possibly get so if they cant make it exciting neebody can.

Try to concoct something vegetarian once a week for dinner (carrot and chickpea burgers on the menu tomorrow)

Would struggle to go meat free permanently like

No, it was awful. The first time we heard them shagging, we were worried she'd gone all praying mantis on us and eaten the scrawny fucker.
For some reason I get the impression you don't like your ex wife's boyfriend.:)
My mate loves his ex wife's new bloke. He said the new boyfriend took her off him and that was the best thing that has happened to him in his entire life.:lol:

For some reason I get the impression you don't like your ex wife's boyfriend.:)
My mate loves his ex wife's new bloke. He said the new boyfriend took her off him and that was the best thing that has happened to him in his entire life.:lol:
It’s not my ex’s fella I meant, it was the lodger’s scrawny get of a bloke. More meat in Linda McCartneys freezer.

Tea was class, Made this dry fried minced lamb thingy with ras el hanout, awesome, with pitta bread and salad.

Mind lunch was chickpea curry, as vegan as can be.

Would hate to have a label like the OP.

Just love all great food.

Vegetarian, have been for 20+ years. Find it mental people get so worked up about wanting meat, doesn't bother me if someone does or doesn't. Happy as I am.
Animals eat other animals. It’s the law of evolution. Monkeys had a brain explosion for a reason when they started hunting.
In Mexico I ate dried insects mixed with chilli, really good too washed down with a cold beer and tequila. But could I eat that all the time? No.

This is the type of diet they want us to have to ‘save the planet’ (from who I’m often wondering) and it just can’t beat ‘meat and two veg’. Everything must be in balance.
:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
There's these veggie sausages and burgers called 'Cauldron'..most of the supermarkets sell them..they were the best of the veggie options that i tried..some of them are fkn awful..like chewing cardboard.
Richmond ones are great now.
Been meat free for nearly 5 years now.

Usually follow a vegan diet but just been away to turkey and options were limited so did veggie when over there.

Last edited:
Wife's a vegetarian. Has been since her teens.
I'm about 80% veggie if that makes sense.
Definitely helps keep my weight down.
Similar. My missus is vegan (and all ethically sourced goods) so I have a lot of meals to match. It’s not as bad as I thought. Got such a taste for quinoa, it replaced rice in my diet completely

Massively reduced meat intake a few years ago, and recently stopped buying it altogether. But I haven’t cut it out full stop, if I’m round someone’s for a meal or out for a meal I treat myself to meat. Just one of those things where if I have the easy choice I’ll choose veggie but I wont be awkward about it.

Wont cut fish out though, I get the health reasons for reducing meat but there’s many benefits of seafood in comparison. And its class.

You see that documentary on Netflix about it? Think it was You Are What You Eat. Grim those salmon farms

i didn't watch the documentary but i've seen a lot of articles on it, it's horrific. Makes you wonder what sort of condition the fish is you're getting when it's been infested with sea lice.

I find it laughable that meat eaters call vegans weak and feeble yet those same people can't give up their addiction to meat. They are the weak ones.

And there's posters on this thread who seem to hate people that don't like to eat food that has had its throat slit. Why hate people who don't want to eat animals? Just let that sink in.

Back