Vegetarians, Vegans & Pescatarians

Turnip from the Tip

Striker
Lost Magpie
Do you fall into any of the above categories or if not could you ever see yourself going down the meat free route? I hear there are some pretty good plant based alternatives out there these days.

I believe Martin Keown gave up meat under the advice of Arsene Wenger and never looked back. Just thought I’d throw that in.

🐟 🧀 🥩 🌱

Not sure I’d want to do it all the time, but have definitely had vegetarian, vegan and pescatarian meals that didn’t feel odd.

Have started to add more plants to my diet rather than reducing meat specifically. There’s a great variety out there.

Did it for about 5-6 years .Vege , no fish . Got sick of quorn and wasnt feeling good in my guts so wrapped it in.
I'm a far better cook with much more time now and could easily make a better job of it but im happy with my current diet .

Let's be honest, eating less meat is better for you and for the planet.

However, I could never give it up completely. Is too delicious.
All true.

Many years back, my ex and I took in a lodger and I got told off after the first day by my ex, as when I'd finished moving the girl in I made a bacon sandwich and the smell of it cooking made her tempted to abandon her "strict" vegetarian diet. Like it was my fault frying bacon smells SO good.

Mind you, this lass was so fat that slightly smaller lasses orbited her, so maybe she was ALWAYS hungry. In hindsight it was more surprising she didn't eat the wrapper out of the bin.

Oddly, her boyfriend was built like Karen Carpenter.

All true.

Many years back, my ex and I took in a lodger and I got told off after the first day by my ex, as when I'd finished moving the girl in I made a bacon sandwich and the smell of it cooking made her tempted to abandon her "strict" vegetarian diet. Like it was my fault frying bacon smells SO good.

Mind you, this lass was so fat that slightly smaller lasses orbited her, so maybe she was ALWAYS hungry. In hindsight it was more surprising she didn't eat the wrapper out of the bin.

Oddly, her boyfriend was built like Karen Carpenter.
I knew a couple like that a few years back. Not very well mind.

Edit. We've reduced out red meat intake. Quite a bit more fish now.

Just an hour ago Mrs R booked a table at a veggy restaurant for Sat. Never been before.

Last edited:
I knew a couple like that a few years back. Not very well mind.

Edit. We've reduced out red meat intake. Quite a bit more fish now.

Just an hour ago Mrs R booked a table at a veggy restaurant for Sat. Never been before.
Oh it was a nightmare. We’d hear him chasing her round the room sometimes, admittedly not very fast, then having sex. Say what you like about IKEA beds, they’re durable.

Never ate meat or fish for around a decade. Was never a big meat eater anyway, even as a kid. The smell and texture was generally awful, bits of gristle, veiny chicken etc 🤢 Don’t really eat the fake alternatives either.

i've thought about giving up meat as i eat a fair bit of veggie stuff already because the Mrs is a pescatarian.
i tried a plant burger at a barbecue and tbh it was really good. My wife wouldn't eat it because the texture was too much like meat!!

seeing the way salmon is farmed puts me right of that these days.

Back