Vegetarians, Vegans & Pescatarians

I’ve reduced my meat consumption over the years and very often go days without any at all. I don’t include dairy in that because I drink cows milk and occasionally cheese. I can’t see myself making a decision to drastically change my diet unless it was associated with medical advice.

What other people eat only engages me very very slightly.

Do you fall into any of the above categories or if not could you ever see yourself going down the meat free route? I hear there are some pretty good plant based alternatives out there these days.

I believe Martin Keown gave up meat under the advice of Arsene Wenger and never looked back. Just thought I’d throw that in.

🐟 🧀 🥩 🌱
Just when i thought a man couldnt get more boring :)
Been vegetarian for 40 years. Vegan for 10. Entirely because of the cruelty involved in the farming industry. But realise the health and environment benefits as well. Don’t understand why many meat eaters get so annoyed about others deciding not eat animals.
I mean usually people just crack on but there are of course the militants who have to shout and scream on both sides. that tends to rile people up.

Personally I couldn't care less what others eat, as long as they leave me alone to devour whatever I choose

Last edited:
I’m not annoyed by anything anyone wants to eat whether that be aubergine or pate fois gras.

I am sometimes disappointed at the vegetarian offerings in pubs, bistros and restaurants for those who don’t wish to eat meat or fish.

I've been vegan for over 4 years (apart from the odd drunken chicken kebab and accidental mishaps)

Most meals have to be made from scratch and some thought has to go into nutrition. Did it to restrict the crap that is on offer everywhere. Plenty of vegan crap about now but avoid most of it apart from the odd convenience.

I couldn't care less what other people eat.

I have cut down on red meat for health reasons but I have a problem replacing the protein in my diet as I just don't believe vegetarian alternatives are as good.

I have cut down on red meat for health reasons but I have a problem replacing the protein in my diet as I just don't believe vegetarian alternatives are as good.
Do you bodybuild? If not you probably don't have to worry about protein too much. Health industry has everyone obsessed over protein when protein deficiency is pretty much unheard of.

Back