Vaux Site

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say like i’ve tried my hardest to like it but I’m not keen. It looks good from a certain angle (from the riverside looking up, you get the sense of it being like the front of a ship,) but driving past it isn’t very aesthetically pleasing at all. Still it’s good to see it nearing completion and looking forward to see who ends up occupying it.
Eh? The council mate. Closed meeting and was decided in October.
I put the link up earlier.

I've just been to Newcastle and there are, as usual, quite a few new buildings going up. Sunderland has one new building (which looks awful) and it looks like it will never be completed. I try to be as positive as possible about Sunderland but the pace of change is painfully slow. The council should be bale to explain why there is so much development in Newcastle and so little in Sunderland and why it takes an age to get anything completed in Sunderland.
Because Sunderland and Seaham residents get the train to Newcastle and spend their money there instead of at home. Business rates are far higher and they council has more money and more private investment too...?

Just a wild guess

I must say like i’ve tried my hardest to like it but I’m not keen. It looks good from a certain angle (from the riverside looking up, you get the sense of it being like the front of a ship,) but driving past it isn’t very aesthetically pleasing at all. Still it’s good to see it nearing completion and looking forward to see who ends up occupying it.
Why? Its just an office block.

Whatever happened to the iconic 'Promontory' sculpture that we were assured would be completed by the end of 2018.....

Whatever happened to the iconic 'Promontory' sculpture that we were assured would be completed by the end of 2018.....

I always try to be positive about Sunderland but i'm glad they've never built that launch sculpture. Its horrible and would be a waste of cash.

By the time the site is developed no one will remember the brewery.

2019 is the 20 year anniversary of the brewery shutting....

Check out this news site at the time

BBC News | The Company File | Vaux breweries close

Even the internet was young then!

Last edited:
I always try to be positive about Sunderland but i'm glad they've never built that launch sculpture. Its horrible and would be a waste of cash.

2019 is the 20 year anniversary of the brewery shutting....

Check out this news site at the time

BBC News | The Company File | Vaux breweries close

Even the internet was young then!

Bland products brought in from elsewhere, that one couldn’t be more wrong, choice is somewhat overwhelming in some bars and certainly not bland.

Bland products brought in from elsewhere, that one couldn’t be more wrong, choice is somewhat overwhelming in some bars and certainly not bland.

Camra has done a brilliant job in 20 years bringing diversity of ales to pubs.

Sadly 20 years has passed without the vaux site having any permanent jobs located there.

Because Sunderland and Seaham residents get the train to Newcastle and spend their money there instead of at home. Business rates are far higher and they council has more money and more private investment too...?

Just a wild guess

Too many people in Sunderland are just overly negative. Anything even remotely positive (the tall ships for example) is often met with snide comments.

Of course the Council deserves criticism, but more people need to take a bit of pride in their city and not just moan about the bins.

Too many people in Sunderland are just overly negative. Anything even remotely positive (the tall ships for example) is often met with snide comments.

Of course the Council deserves criticism, but more people need to take a bit of pride in their city and not just moan about the bins.
Spot on and every council makes cock ups. It was good to see Hays Travel open in Keel Square today.

I am always positive but pertinent questions of the council need to be asked. Such as why everytime I go to Newcastle there are new buildings going up. When I go to Sunderland there is one building going up which has stalled and looks awful. Check my posts- I have always been positive about Sunderland but after 20 years the Vaux site is a disgrace. To ask the Sunderland Council why Sunderland has died while Newcastle has prospered is a valid question. There may be valid answers but the council need to have a plan to address Sunderland's demise because what is happening on the Vaux site is not it.

I always try to be positive about Sunderland but i'm glad they've never built that launch sculpture. Its horrible and would be a waste of money

Not the point is it. It was promised, heralded and of course we got the models and fanfare....but as per f***ing usual it disappears without a trace and with no explanation.

Absolutely typical of the clowns that run this City.

Not the point is it. It was promised, heralded and of course we got the models and fanfare....but as per f***ing usual it disappears without a trace and with no explanation.

Absolutely typical of the clowns that run this City.

Does anyone actually quiz there local MP's about such things or we just generally ignored and taken for mugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back