VARguments

I was at the England game, went for a piss just as we were attacking for the second goal so hung around the top of the stairwell and saw the goal go in. I went crackas and then went for me piss, got back to my seat and was sure we were 2-1 up until a mate asks whether I thought it was offside.
VAR is absolutely shite.

If they used it as originally intended there wouldn't be any issues. IMO it is only to be used in a CLEAR situation where the ref has made a mistake

If they used it as originally intended there wouldn't be any issues. IMO it is only to be used in a CLEAR situation where the ref has made a mistake

Exactly, I was in line and didn't see it as obviously offside. I though he was in-line.

You're right.
I think they must've done it just to annoy people.

Ashley seems to do a decent job of annoying the majority of mags mind.

Last edited:
You're right.
I think they must've done it just to annoy people.

They do what they are told. If FIFA / UEFA / The FA want to do something that will increase the marketability of their game , theres nothing that any club is going to do to stop it .

I posted on another thread the same point : its blatant how the commentators and pundits have been told to big it up. You could tell Gary Neville thought it was a farce and totally unnecessary., yet he said through gritted teeth, 'I think its good for the game '.

Any match going fan will hate it and rightfully so

I don't understand why linesman bother to flag for reasonably close offsides. They'd be better of letting it go and let VAR sort it out.

I was at the England game, went for a piss just as we were attacking for the second goal so hung around the top of the stairwell and saw the goal go in. I went crackas and then went for me piss, got back to my seat and was sure we were 2-1 up until a mate asks whether I thought it was offside.
VAR is absolutely shite.

I agree, but it's needed for those big bad decisions in important games when there's an injustice.

Back