Vaccine passports back on the menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Why can’t you go abroad if you haven’t been vaccinated? I can understand if it was someone whose say 61. But if you are 41 or 31 I see no point.

because most countries haven’t vaccinated as many as us, and because countries will want to protect their own population. Some countries already require vaccination certificates, and i suspect covid will become the same

because most countries haven’t vaccinated as many as us, and because countries will want to protect their own population. Some countries already require vaccination certificates, and i suspect covid will become the same

When it comes to foreign trips, it will be business rather than government that will lead the way in my opinion.

Qantas already insist on testing or vaccination before you fly. Saga are advertising holidays only for the vaccinated, Insurers are bound to insist on it before you go abroad (or a hefty premium).

Government won't have to do much

Reactions: Gaz
Seems to have been missed but in Boris’ interview this morning a government review that isn’t ruling anything out.

Id be ok with this in principle. It’s not forcing people to take it, it’s limiting what you can do without one which is already the case today in travelling to lots of parts of the World.

I personally think if the scientists say the mutation risk is too great and could put us back to square one, and this mitigates it by driving higher take up, the government will do it. They would do anything to stop another lockdown.

Does this mean us younger folk won't be able too go anywhere or are these passports being offered once everyone is done?

Insurers are bound to insist on it before you go abroad (or a hefty premium).
Not necessarily.

I was contacted at the back end of last year by our annual policy provider to say we are covered for all Covid-related issues as long as we don't travel to countries that are on the banned list. No rise in premium, either.

If they infect you but the vaccine stops you getting bad symptoms, how is it any different from the common cold?

We're gonna need about 6 million more bouncers, most of them just working the local corner shop or barbers. :lol:
Is that s serious question ? The common cold makes you feel like shit . Covid 19 can kill you or leave your lungs crippled.

The argument for it falls down the more places you dont require a covid passport for. Equally the more places you need it for, the more it becomes an infringement on peoples liberty.

You haven't had a vaccination. So you can't use the pub. But you can use a gym. That Italian Restaurant is out as you aren't vaccinated, but the library is open, as is the Bank, Tesco and PC World. You can use Greggs, but not the Ice Cream Parlour.

If they go ahead with this, it will end up as another lucrative contract given to someone, which in 2 months time is redundant and ignored . Much like the Track and Trace QR codes.
Exactly - or if ‘excempt’ people are permitted in places then it ceases to be about protecting the vaccinated and turns into punishing the ‘non compliant’.

Might as well go the full hog and have County border patrols for each county you have to go through too. Belt and Braces approach. 👍

What about supermarkets and other shops?

A pub isn't a necessity of life but shopping for food is.
I’m not sure how legally people can be stopped entry, or is that what is needed ?
Hopefully most of us get vaccinated so it’s the norm, so I doubt internally within the UK it will be enforced or required.
IATA Travel Pass

Last edited:
I’m not sure how legally people can be stopped entry, or is that what is needed ?
Hopefully most of us get vaccinated so it’s the norm, so I doubt internally within the UK it will be enforced or required.
IATA Travel Pass
If they ruled all this nonsence out 100%, for domestic stuff, it would certainly go someway to putting my mind at rest about taking the vaccine.

IATA Travel Pass

Any different to refusing entry for not wearing a mask?

I dont think the government will implement them for going to the shops or pub. Foreign travel is the only area where it might happen. But private businesses can decide if they only want to deal with vaccinated people if they want. And doing do means they could end up turning down loads of business.

Any different to refusing entry for not wearing a mask?

I dont think the government will implement them for going to the shops or pub. Foreign travel is the only area where it might happen. But private businesses can decide if they only want to deal with vaccinated people if they want. And doing do means they could end up turning down loads of business.
To be fair there s a big difference between wearing a mask and being outcasted for failing to take a,. *'safety compromised," vaccine, due to the haste of the roll out.

*Bill Gates last year.

The thread is about a vaccine passport not the vaccine itself. You can be against the passport but be in favour of the vaccine. A few on here don't seem to understand that. You're not a so called covidiot or a denier because you don't think the passport is the right thing to do.
Exactly. There is also a further distinction between a passport for travel to another country and a "passport" to be employed etc.

Personally I think we're all getting worked up about something that'll be forgotten about a few months after normal life resumes.

Personally I think we're all getting worked up about something that'll be forgotten about a few months after normal life resumes.
I really think it will , at least initially , be implemented on foreign travel.
That’s a 2 way deal but you can’t blame some countries for demanding one especially from the Brits.
Our stock can’t be too high in certain countries.

I really think it will , at least initially , be implemented on foreign travel.
That’s a 2 way deal but you can’t blame some countries for demanding one especially from the Brits.
Our stock can’t be too high in certain countries.

Quite. What with Brexit and everything. That is why I am unsure whether to go abroad or not next year or the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back