Vaccine passports back on the menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time.

Travel abroad will be a requirement of the individual countries and we will have to comply. Here I'm sick of hearing how the minority is effecting how the majority can live their lives. Put the jab in my arm and let me get back to normality. I'll show my card.

I've got people at work refusing testing. Some a frontline facing staff dealing with the public. Some go into peoples homes and are refusing weekly testing and we as a company are allowing that!!! Health and Safety at Work Act, "It is the duty of all employees to protect themselves and others". By refusing the test, if they are Asymptomatic, they are putting the health of others at risk because they won't stick a cotton bud up their nose.

I would take it a lot further. No CV19 jab, no job. If Doris the barmaid is refusing the jab she should not be in a position to put others at risk.
They’ll be vaccinated so no risk surely. The only people who will be at risk are the people who’ve chosen not to be vaccinated.

Do the people who are so against the covid vaccine on here have an issue with mandatory vaccinations for other diseases for the purposes of foreign travel ?
The thread is about a vaccine passport not the vaccine itself. You can be against the passport but be in favour of the vaccine. A few on here don't seem to understand that. You're not a so called covidiot or a denier because you don't think the passport is the right thing to do.

The thread is about a vaccine passport not the vaccine itself. You can be against the passport but be in favour of the vaccine. A few on here don't seem to understand that. You're not a so called covidiot or a denier because you don't think the passport is the right thing to do.
But what’s the issue with the passport though? Your details are out there every time you make an online purchase, take out any form of finance, you’d be captured on cctv several times a day just going about your normal business, police have your details if you’ve ever been pulled / caught speeding (low level examples used on purpose).
In addition ‘they’ already know you haven’t had the vaccine otherwise ‘they’ wouldn’t be sending out letters and/or contacting people to go and get it so what’s the difference in ‘them’ knowing you’ve had it? Particularly if it is a matter of public safety and a return to a normal and acceptable quality of life ??

But what’s the issue with the passport though? Your details are out there every time you make an online purchase, take out any form of finance, you’d be captured on cctv several times a day just going about your normal business, police have your details if you’ve ever been pulled / caught speeding (low level examples used on purpose).
In addition ‘they’ already know you haven’t had the vaccine otherwise ‘they’ wouldn’t be sending out letters and/or contacting people to go and get it so what’s the difference in ‘them’ knowing you’ve had it? Particularly if it is a matter of public safety and a return to a normal and acceptable quality of life ??
I think you've missed the point there. It's nothing to do with data or being spied on. It's about ostracising people who don't have the passport.
Fair enough if you haven't been vaccinated you can't travel abroad, that's the business of other countries. But it goes too far if it means you can't even go in a shop in your own town.
This country doesn't do programs of forced mass population vaccinations. A passport just to leave your home and enter another building would effectively create that.
Instead of looking down our noses at and pillorying those who don't want the vaccine maybe we should ask them why. Then try and persuade them that being vaccinated is an important step in iradicating this virus.
A problem today is so many people don't trust authority. There must be an ulterior motive, another reason we are being vaccinated. Just look on the politics forum and you'll see that any opinion on how corrupt our government is eagerly believed and lapped up. These people don't trust anything the government says. Then there are those who fear the needle or worry about side effects. There are a variety of reasons some people don't want to be vaccinated. Stopping them from leaving their home for me is a step too far though. This passport idea would do that.

Surely we can wait and see how the vaccination programme pans out? If we can keep the amount of people suffering from covid low by hopefully vaccination and immunity from having had the disease, there should be no need for a "passport". Just like we don't have to prove whether we have had the 'flu jab or any other vaccination.

If covid remains in high numbers then perhaps a passport could be worth considering? Or if covid remains in high numbers despite the vaccination programme, that would render a passport worthless.

Gonna be a fuck on if you're having a wedding reception or summat. If the future mother-in-law hasn't had a jab then that would be a bonus though.

If any of my guests have decided they don’t fancy a vaccine/passport etc I don’t want them there anyway, attention seeking morons, there’s at least one on this thread.

This has already been discussed in parliament in December 2020 and it was agreed covid passports would not be needed as it would PROBABLY be breaking the law. They also said it would be immoral and discriminatory. That's not my opinion that's just what was said. Personally I don't see the need for them.

This has already been discussed in parliament in December 2020 and it was agreed covid passports would not be needed as it would PROBABLY be breaking the law. They also said it would be immoral and discriminatory. That's not my opinion that's just what was said. Personally I don't see the need for them.

breaking the law; immoral and discriminatory? That's never stopped this government in the past.

If any of my guests have decided they don’t fancy a vaccine/passport etc I don’t want them there anyway, attention seeking morons, there’s at least one on this thread.

What if someone has a private house party? Or if a load of kids have a bit of party on say Southsea Common in the summer?

It was always going to be the case that Boris or anyone from this country couldn’t object against a Covid passport if globally that’s what is required, he and us have zero choice for international travel if it’s deemed required for our destination choice.
Denial early days was ridiculous for travel.

It then opens up a angle for internal companies to decide what they want to do, for example concerts, football crowds.
Do they believe it’s better financially to advertise entry by passport only ?
Can they do this legally and deny people entry if they cannot produce evidence ?
In effect not for Boris to bring the law forward but to actually deny companies using this tool?

Would you prefer to attend a pub, that was Covid vaccination passport only, if you had a choice and let’s say someone in your party was a male, over 80 and obese (vulnerable) ?
Just a thought.

It was always going to be the case that Boris or anyone from this country couldn’t object against a Covid passport if globally that’s what is required, he and us have zero choice for international travel if it’s deemed required for our destination choice.
Denial early days was ridiculous for travel.

It then opens up a angle for internal companies to decide what they want to do, for example concerts, football crowds.
Do they believe it’s better financially to advertise entry by passport only ?
Can they do this legally and deny people entry if they cannot produce evidence ?
In effect not for Boris to bring the law forward but to actually deny companies using this tool?

Would you prefer to attend a pub, that was Covid vaccination passport only, if you had a choice and let’s say someone in your party was a male, over 80 and obese (vulnerable) ?
Just a thought.

What about supermarkets and other shops?

A pub isn't a necessity of life but shopping for food is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back