Vaccine passports back on the menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there'll be no risk then.
The vaccine will mean my symptoms won’t be life threatening should I get it , it won’t neccessarily stop an unvaccinated person from infecting me.
They’ll be vaccinated so no risk surely. The only people who will be at risk are the people who’ve chosen not to be vaccinated.
I may be wrong but Ibthink vaccinated persons will still be at risk from the unvaccinated ?

Last edited:

The vaccine will mean my symptoms won’t be life threatening should I get it , it won’t neccessarily stop an unvaccinated person from infecting me.

I may be wrong but Ibthink vaccinated persons will still be at risk from the unvaccinated ?

I'm pretty sure vaccinated people can still be at risk from vaccinated people but stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Not opposed to the idea of it... but the practicalities of using it domestically are tough to justify.

Are you going to stop non vaccinated people going to church? Or supermarkets? How about from using buses or going to college?

Or will it be just down to expecting pubs and restaurants to have rules and expecting them to be enforced by staff who are likely on minimum wage

Not opposed to the idea of it... but the practicalities of using it domestically are tough to justify.

Are you going to stop non vaccinated people going to church? Or supermarkets? How about from using buses or going to college?

Or will it be just down to expecting pubs and restaurants to have rules and expecting them to be enforced by staff who are likely on minimum wage
That’s key for me. Would people need them to go to essential but public venues, like a GP practise or a job centre? Where is the line drawn? If only pubs, is that to say bar staff are getting protected more than the receptionist at the doctors? Seems to be opening up a can of worms. Let’s call the ridiculous idea out and knock it on the head.

They’ll be vaccinated so no risk surely. The only people who will be at risk are the people who’ve chosen not to be vaccinated.
Thats not true though. The vaccine does't offer 100% protection, think at best its 95%. Every 100 customers going into the shop, pub, restaurant, 5 could potentially be infected by a single person working there who has refused the jab and are asymptomatic.

Thats not true though. The vaccine does't offer 100% protection, think at best its 95%. Every 100 customers going into the shop, pub, restaurant, 5 could potentially be infected by a single person working there who has refused the jab and are asymptomatic.
But the same could be said of someone who has been vaccinated by that rationale as they suggested you can still carry it and pass it on once vaccinated.

That’s key for me. Would people need them to go to essential but public venues, like a GP practise or a job centre? Where is the line drawn? If only pubs, is that to say bar staff are getting protected more than the receptionist at the doctors? Seems to be opening up a can of worms. Let’s call the ridiculous idea out and knock it on the head.

The argument for it falls down the more places you dont require a covid passport for. Equally the more places you need it for, the more it becomes an infringement on peoples liberty.

You haven't had a vaccination. So you can't use the pub. But you can use a gym. That Italian Restaurant is out as you aren't vaccinated, but the library is open, as is the Bank, Tesco and PC World. You can use Greggs, but not the Ice Cream Parlour.

If they go ahead with this, it will end up as another lucrative contract given to someone, which in 2 months time is redundant and ignored . Much like the Track and Trace QR codes.

If they infect you but the vaccine stops you getting bad symptoms, how is it any different from the common cold?

We're gonna need about 6 million more bouncers, most of them just working the local corner shop or barbers. :lol:

Last edited:
We're gonna need about 6 million more bouncers, most of them just working the local corner shop or barbers. :lol:

or more accurately. It will be enforced for a week or two, then when it is obvious that it's unenforceable it will gradually be forgotten about

My local spoons went from posting a member of staff on the door demanding to see proof you had used the QR code, to a member of staff asking if you had used the QR code, to not having anyone on the door in a week.

Same will be true of a covid passport. Within 2 weeks the only check will be a sign on the door saying "you may only drink here if you have been vaccinated".

But I'm in no doubt Serco will get a lucrative contract. Either them or a cousin of a Tory Donor

Last edited:

And what if you are under 50? These people will make up by far the largest and overwhelming percentage of people who won’t have had a vaccination as they are considered by far the least likely to get COVID. Far more than people who are over 50. Are we to stop them from going abroad or even going to a church or supermarket? Why can’t we just allow them on board planes and in places without a passport and without having had a vaccination. They pose no risk. It ought to be only over 50s who must have a passport.

or more accurately. It will be enforced for a week or two, then when it is obvious that it's unenforceable it will gradually be forgotten about

My local spoons went from posting a member of staff on the door demanding to see proof you had used the QR code, to a member of staff asking if you had used the QR code, to not having anyone on the door in a week.

Same will be true of a covid passport. Within 2 weeks the only check will be a sign on the door saying "you may only drink here if you have been vaccinated".

But I'm in no doubt Serco will get a lucrative contract. Either them or a cousin of a Tory Donor

That is the case for pubs etc., but i suspect it’ll be taken out of our hands re foreign travel and anyone not vaccinated won’t be allowed into other countries at some point

That is the case for pubs etc., but i suspect it’ll be taken out of our hands re foreign travel and anyone not vaccinated won’t be allowed into other countries at some point

Foreign travel is a different kettle of fish, all countries need to protect their borders, so have no probs with that. But producing papers to buy a loaf of bread etc is utter nonsense.

Why? Why can’t you go abroad if you haven’t been vaccinated? I can understand if it was someone whose say 61. But if you are 41 or 31 I see no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back