Vaccine passports back on the menu

MonkeyLove

Striker
Seems to have been missed but in Boris’ interview this morning a government review that isn’t ruling anything out.

Id be ok with this in principle. It’s not forcing people to take it, it’s limiting what you can do without one which is already the case today in travelling to lots of parts of the World.

I personally think if the scientists say the mutation risk is too great and could put us back to square one, and this mitigates it by driving higher take up, the government will do it. They would do anything to stop another lockdown.

Seems to have been missed but in Boris’ interview this morning a government review that isn’t ruling anything out.

Id be ok with this in principle. It’s not forcing people to take it, it’s limiting what you can do without one which is already the case today in travelling to lots of parts of the World.

I personally think if the scientists say the mutation risk is too great and could put us back to square one, and this mitigates it by driving higher take up, the government will do it. They would do anything to stop another lockdown.

think its always been in the table, just a matter of time imo.

think its always been in the table, just a matter of time imo.

All the hallmarks.

Do a review to justify it and wait until international rules require it anyway.

Apart from some dodgy estate pubs I’d imagine most decent establishments would be fine with it if it limits the risk of an outbreak/staff off impacting their opening

Interesting times ahead. Thing is though I don’t see how they can open up until everyone has had the opportunity to have it, which won’t be by 21st June. So they either delay it to mid August or freeze out those not yet offered it when they open up, for a couple of months, which opens up a massive can of worms given that it will be 20 odd year olds, who may well see it as an affront and break the rules anyway

Pointless if kids are not vaccinated . On an average flight , 2 adults 1 kids, 300 seats off to sunny spain. That’s 1 3rd no vaccinated Z defeats the object of the adults having the the passport
Interesting times ahead. Thing is though I don’t see how they can open up until everyone has had the opportunity to have it, which won’t be by 21st June. So they either delay it to mid August or freeze out those not yet offered it when they open up, for a couple of months, which opens up a massive can of worms given that it will be 20 odd year olds, who may well see it as an affront and break the rules anyway

can see them for travel, not internal.

This.

Once we have a large proportion of the population vaccinated and the vaccinations are shown to be effective there shouldn't be any need for it nationally.

Mutations and different strains are the higher risk and in the future they are likely to come from areas where the virus is still prevalent, so I think we should be looking at some form of internationally agreed system, a bit like there is with Yellow Fever, and what we should be doing is blocking entry into the UK or insisting on a quarantine period for anyone who isn't vaccinated (that includes British people leaving/returning)

Pointless if kids are not vaccinated . On an average flight , 2 adults 1 kids, 300 seats off to sunny spain. That’s 1 3rd no vaccinated Z defeats the object of the adults having the the passport

Id be amazed if they weren’t introduced or some venues didn’t require them unilaterally

Be a joke if large swathes on the population are ruled out.

Don’t see a problem, especially for foreign travel in and out. Suspect other countries will need proof of vaccine anyway at some point regardless of what we do.

Back