Us open golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spraying it everywhere caught up with Reed today like.

Also seems that, for all the talk of needing a great short game, good touch, all round skill etc...... weā€™re gonna go into the final day with the biggest drivers on tour (or at least, the biggest of the elite)

Yep, the wheels have well and truly came off Fatrick's cart. To be fair he is in the rough on most holes and has been all week.

mate, catches up with you in the end.
Id issue the same warning for Wolff mind, heā€™s only hit 2 fairways todY....but he hits it for miles and that makes a difference.

Length > Accuracy
Also, if Thomas has fell apart today and completely shut himself out of contention. Which is fine, it happens, golf is hard etc.....

But if Rory has done that, all Iā€™d be reading tonight is how much of a bottler he is, how he wilts under pressure etc....

Strange

Last edited:
Id issue the same warning for Wolff mind, heā€™s only hit 2 fairways todY....but he hits it for miles and that makes a difference.

Length > Accuracy
The thing in Wolff's favour is that he's not been missing fairways by miles, the only one he did was the only one he bogeyed. I think I also read he's gained over a stroke tee to green on the rest of the field.

It's going to be very tough for him tomorrow, the pressure on him will be huge. I'd love to see him win it, very exciting player to watch.

Length > Accuracy
Also, if Thomas has fell apart today and completely shut himself out of contention. Which is fine, it happens, golf is hard etc.....

But if Rory has done that, all Iā€™d be reading tonight is how much of a bottler he is, how he wilts under pressure etc....

Strange

Yeah just heard Wolf's stats. He had the rub of the green at times today.

Rory played very well. His whole game looks very solid. Hopefully he can shoot a 66 tomorrow which might be enough for him to win.

Rory played very well. His whole game looks very solid. Hopefully he can shoot a 66 tomorrow which might be enough for him to win.
Rory is right in it, 6 shots is not a lot on this course. I think we'll see a few more pins tucked away tomorrow. 66 would put him 3 under, I would be surprised if the winning score was much lower than that.

I do feel like all the talk of the monster rough etc.... was overplayed mind.

most perfectly playable if youā€™re strong enough and long enough. Bit daft that I fell for it (again) in the build-up.
Rory is right in it, 6 shots is not a lot on this course. I think we'll see a few more pins tucked away tomorrow. 66 would put him 3 under, I would be surprised if the winning score was much lower than that.

Be asking a lot for Wolff and Bryson to collapse from here, unless they make tomorrow insane hard and make it a pure lottery. Which I doubt they will.

I do feel like all the talk of the monster rough etc.... was overplayed mind.

most perfectly playable if youā€™re strong enough and long enough. Bit daft that I fell for it (again) in the build-up.

Be asking a lot for Wolff and Bryson to collapse from here, unless they make tomorrow insane hard and make it a pure lottery. Which I doubt they will.
I don't think they'll make it a lottery, but I could see it being difficult enough that those near the front are more defensive and those in Rory's position have a little more freedom to attack.

Having said that, Bryson isn't the sort of player to go defensive, so if he puts a good round together, he'll be very hard to beat.

The thing in Wolff's favour is that he's not been missing fairways by miles, the only one he did was the only one he bogeyed. I think I also read he's gained over a stroke tee to green on the rest of the field.

It's going to be very tough for him tomorrow, the pressure on him will be huge. I'd love to see him win it, very exciting player to watch.
Me too, have him at 66/1

Me too, have him at 66/1

Good pick to be fair. I liked him but swerved due to his poor short game, which was a silly decision.

Even considered him in-play this morning at 33/1 but went with English Instead for his ATG game:oops::oops::oops:

Would much rather him win it that Bryson, cannot stand Bryson at all. Heā€™s worse than Reed for me.

Good pick to be fair. I liked him but swerved due to his poor short game, which was a silly decision.

Even considered him in-play this morning at 33/1 but went with English Instead for his ATG game:oops::oops::oops:

Would much rather him win it that Bryson, cannot stand Bryson at all. Heā€™s worse than Reed for me.
I had him at the pga where he won me a few quid at I think was 125/1 just thought Iā€™d stick with him here. Love to say Iā€™d put as much thought into it as yourself! Backed him in the pga after seeing him in that skins game with Rory Dustin and Fowler.

Really hope Rory puts himself in the mix tomorrow as it will make it so much more exciting.

Big fan of Wolff and his mad swing like. Think he might fail tomorrow. Missing out on that many fairways will eventually catch up with you.

I had him at the pga where he won me a few quid at I think was 125/1 just thought Iā€™d stick with him here. Love to say Iā€™d put as much thought into it as yourself! Backed him in the pga after seeing him in that skins game with Rory Dustin and Fowler.

haha I bet it every week so spend a lot of time looking at it.

Got myself too wrapped up in the ā€œdifficultyā€ of it this week and ignored that Wolff (a monster off the tee) looked decent.

Assuming it doesnā€™t come back to Hideki or English for me, hope Wolff holds on for you mate, class act player and brilliant to watch.

haha I bet it every week so spend a lot of time looking at it.

Got myself too wrapped up in the ā€œdifficultyā€ of it this week and ignored that Wolff (a monster off the tee) looked decent.

Assuming it doesnā€™t come back to Hideki or English for me, hope Wolff holds on for you mate, class act player and brilliant to watch.
Cheers. Iā€™d like to see matsuyama do it if wolf doesnā€™t.

Backed Bryson for win and McIlroy each way from start so looking decent enough at the moment. Also English to win at 66/1. McIlroy will need to shoot 66 to have a chance imo which will be hugely difficult on a Sunday at a US open. Loads of pressure to knowing he's one bad hole from being out of it totally
Does anyone know what time leaders are off UK time?

Last edited:
Backed Bryson for win and McIlroy each way from start so looking decent enough at the moment. Also English to win at 66/1. McIlroy will need to shoot 66 to have a chance imo which will be hugely difficult on a Sunday at a US open. Loads of pressure to knowing he's one bad hole from being out of it totally
Does anyone know what time leaders are off UK time?

6:30pm last pair out

A good insurance bet for the Fatrick fan club on here, he's currently 100/1 on Betfair paying out 3 places. With the course looking very difficult today, he's the sort who could hang around if his driving is a bit more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back