Us open golf

Few bets so far

1st round leader:

Hojgarrd
Streelman
Si Woo Kim

Overall winner EW bets (made sure I clicked EW this time after my disaster on the PGA):

Poulter
Si Woo Kim
Leishman
Fowler
Wolff
Woods

Going to have a couple more darts ones before it starts.
Also very tempted by DeChambau (sp) to miss the cut after someone mentioned it earlier.

He's an interesting one DeChambeau. In theory he looks dreadful for it, as his iron/wedge play if off lately.

However, if everyone is gonna spend a lot of time in the rough (as they will), then you may as well be 50 yards nearer the hole when you hack it out.

I'll not be betting him but i think he's a relatively interesting DraftKings play - will be low owned, and could potentially be really high reward.

He's an interesting one DeChambeau. In theory he looks dreadful for it, as his iron/wedge play if off lately.

However, if everyone is gonna spend a lot of time in the rough (as they will), then you may as well be 50 yards nearer the hole when you hack it out.

I'll not be betting him but i think he's a relatively interesting DraftKings play - will be low owned, and could potentially be really high reward.
It's his wedge play recently that made my mind up in backing him to miss the cut, control of the ball will be key when approaching the green, both from the fairway and from the rough, his approach play from the fairway has been hit and miss (at best) but from thicker rough has been nothing more than hit and hope.

So much will depend on his driving accuracy

Coverage starts 12.30pm on Sky sports main event and golf. Think it's about 12hr of coverage each day for first two .

Noticed on Sunday the program on sky finishes 11pm so I'm guessing leaders off around 7pm UK time or a little earlier

Coverage starts 12.30pm on Sky sports main event and golf. Think it's about 12hr of coverage each day for first two .

Noticed on Sunday the program on sky finishes 11pm so I'm guessing leaders off around 7pm UK time or a little earlier

you forgot about the cut ?

half the field don’t play after day 2 , dafty.

It's his wedge play recently that made my mind up in backing him to miss the cut, control of the ball will be key when approaching the green, both from the fairway and from the rough, his approach play from the fairway has been hit and miss (at best) but from thicker rough has been nothing more than hit and hope.

So much will depend on his driving accuracy

yeah this is true, even when’s he won this summer it’s been a lot of putting (which isn’t sustainable).
As I say I wouldn’t bet him, but he’s someone I’d take a small risk on in DK, due to his low ownership.

Been some good golf so far

Reed with a hole in one
I think you’ll find his name is Fatrick 😉

Terrible start for hojgaard
Few bets so far

1st round leader:

Hojgarrd
Streelman
Si Woo Kim

Overall winner EW bets (made sure I clicked EW this time after my disaster on the PGA):

Poulter
Si Woo Kim
Leishman
Fowler
Wolff
Woods

Going to have a couple more darts ones before it starts.
Also very tempted by DeChambau (sp) to miss the cut after someone mentioned it earlier.
Was Streelman from a Ben Coley pick? I had him too, not the best start, dont think he's in the running for 1st round leader anymore

Last edited:
It's been very enjoyable so far. It has a proper US Open feel to it, bad shots punished, but good shots rewarded. Even par looks like a very good score come Sunday evening.

The rough looks horrible, so deep that some players have been made to look like the rest of us topping the ball 6 feet forward on occasions.

Was Streelman from a Ben Coley pick? I had him too, not the best start, dont think he's in the running for 1st round leader anymore

Aye I think Coley picked Streelman for R1.

Personally, I hate FRL bets, i've got an absolutely disgraceful record on them and have just stopped playing them as it was starting me behind on the tournament by the end of Thursday (or by about an hour into Thursday most times :lol::lol:)

Aye I think Coley picked Streelman for R1.

Personally, I hate FRL bets, i've got an absolutely disgraceful record on them and have just stopped playing them as it was starting me behind on the tournament by the end of Thursday (or by about an hour into Thursday most times :lol::lol:)
but the betters hope is always that I'll be ahead for the weekend by the end of Thursday!! :lol:

Sky are talking about Westwood atm. I agree that if he can get some form back he could do well, his accuracy off the tee and iron play are his strength, if he was a better putter he’d have won the US Open before now

I didn't know who Ben Coley was till I just googled him.
Streelman I just had a fancy for, seen him start well a few times so thought it was worth a few quid.
Obviously not after I've just seen his score 😂😂😂
Sky are talking about Westwood atm. I agree that if he can get some form back he could do well, his accuracy off the tee and iron play are his strength, if he was a better putter he’d have won the US Open before now

I thought about backing Westwood but went against him due to his lack of recent playing compared to the others

fairly happy with First day, Rory and Wolf doing well, though Morikwa and Hojgaard doing shite, and Streelman was a waste of time for first round leader!

Back