US diplomats wife leaves U.K. after fatal accident

If she had diplomatic immunity why did she leave?
Ah right, I half read the story earlier and never realised they’d tried to keep her.

Cheers for the clarification.

Still stinks to high heaven though - she might be a diplomats wife but she a f***ing coward. I ve posted Government data on immunity for you. PS it the Dutch one but same principle apply.

Last edited:

I seen/heard this on the news yesterday, and couldn't believe what I was hearing.
This piece of shit woman, hasn't a single ounce of decency or humanity, in her whole pathetic, f***ing body.
This diplomatic immunity is an absolute joke, and the sooner it's revoked, the sooner, the victims and their families, will get justice.
Alleged, rapists, thieves, and killers, have all, been allowed to leave this country, and escape justice, "thanks" to Diplomatic immunity.
Where's the fairness, and justice, for the victims, of these crimes, that are allowed to go unpunished ?

I seen/heard this on the news yesterday, and couldn't believe what I was hearing.
This piece of shit woman, hasn't a single ounce of decency or humanity, in her whole pathetic, f***ing body.
This diplomatic immunity is an absolute joke, and the sooner it's revoked, the sooner, the victims and their families, will get justice.
Alleged, rapists, thieves, and killers, have all, been allowed to leave this country, and escape justice, "thanks" to Diplomatic immunity.
Where's the fairness, and justice, for the victims, of these crimes, that are allowed to go unpunished ?

She’s part of the Establishment mate - you ll notice they tend to have each others backs.

Meanwhile for the rest of us plebs......

The Sun could slightly redeem itself by tracking her down and asking for her views on her killing someone

Good call but I believe she’s entitled to anonymity as well.

It’s the biggest get out of jail card ever played.

We shouldn’t need a witch hunt - she’s a diplomats wife ffs - one would hope she had the decency and integrity to fess up and face justice - if only for some closure for the victims parents.

Maybe my perception of such status is misguided.

At what point did we decide that it actually isn't one set of laws for everyone? Even the PM of the country has to follow the law, yet some specific people are exempt?

I understand there is some grey area inside of an embassy (i.e. something legal in their country but not ours), but once you're outside, nah.

I imagine the whole diplomatic immunity thing arose to protect against different laws/customs in different host countries. In this instance, she should be held to the law as it's applied in the US. The system is broken.

Driving on the wrong side of the road is a fairly easy mistake to make, if you've been driving in the States for your entire life. Your brain switches off and goes into auto-pilot.

There is nothing we can do though is there? its the law that they have immunity.
We, apparently, can go through a process of extradition, but the police will have to have strong evidence for the USA courts to grant it, and then it could take years. All the time that poor lads family are left to suffer.

We, apparently, can go through a process of extradition, but the police will have to have strong evidence for the USA courts to grant it, and then it could take years. All the time that poor lads family are left to suffer.

I'm almost certain that they never ever waive it like, even in pretty extreme situations, I might be wrong though.

At what point did we decide that it actually isn't one set of laws for everyone? Even the PM of the country has to follow the law, yet some specific people are exempt?

I understand there is some grey area inside of an embassy (i.e. something legal in their country but not ours), but once you're outside, nah.

We decided diplomats should have immunity in 1709. The current law dates back to the 1961 Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations.

It is not based on a grey area inside of an embassy. It is a legally enforceable standard based on a person's status as a diplomat or a relevant member of a diplomat's family.

Incidents like this always cause outrage. But most agree that good diplomatic relations are sufficiently important to justify the occasional abuse. Without the immunity, hostile states (where diplomacy is needed most) wouldn't have diplomats in each other's countries or would be doing over each other's diplomats whenever things got tense.

The immunity laws are there for a reason to prevent foreign diplomats being fit up with bogus charges for political ends. This shouldn't have to be applicable between friendly nations.

The immunity laws are there for a reason to prevent foreign diplomats being fit up with bogus charges for political ends. This shouldn't have to be applicable between friendly nations.
I think it should still be applicable as you never know when that will change. However, I would expect that between friendly nations they would realise what is bogus and what isn't and waive immunity accordingly.

This is appalling. The family of the dead lad must be seething. Surely it needs more than a phone call from the Foreign Secretary to the US Ambassador to express how pathetic this is.
It certainly is.

Escaping justice like this is not what diplomatic immunity is about.
100% this.

Back