Urban badgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just outside Tavistock
Paignton/Torquay area iirc. Not sure about Tavistock tbh but it’s near a place called Buckfast which Is possibly connected With the cheap wine the jocks drink.
There’s a butterfly house next door to the otter place and I’d never been in one of those either......by Christ they’re hot n humid.

Paignton/Torquay area iirc. Not sure about Tavistock tbh but it’s near a place called Buckfast which Is possibly connected With the cheap wine the jocks drink.
There’s a butterfly house next door to the otter place and I’d never been in one of those either......by Christ they’re hot n humid.
Buckfastleigh just off the A38?

There’s a butterfly place there. There’s Buckfast Abbey close by as well.

Buckfastleigh just off the A38?

There’s a butterfly place there. There’s Buckfast Abbey close by as well.
If the @38 is in Devon then yes. The otter place is next literally next door. You buy a combined ticket and basically go through the butterfly place to get to the otters.

If the @38 is in Devon then yes. The otter place is next literally next door. You buy a combined ticket and basically go through the butterfly place to get to the otters.
I pass by there often on the way to the ferry at Plymouth. Might take some time out and pop in one time. Cheers.

Seen quite a few over the years
I was once on a woodland footpath at dusk which was also a badger track, one came towards us at speed and had no intention of stopping,
had to jump aside - massive bastard it was
not urban like

My dream is to see an otter. They’re making big comebacks as well, apparently.

Might get myself a boat again. I loved pottering about on the canals watching the kingfishers, herons and water voles.

Have you considered an inflatable kayak? They are a great way to explore waterways and roll up in a small bag.

There is a campsite in Sussex I have been to where they regularly see badgers. I went out walking in the woods at dusk and managed to see a couple. I have seen a couple crossing the roads round here too and there was a dead one yesterday morning.

I have been making a wildlife trail camera which I want to get running on battery and leave in the woods near a badger trail to see if I can get any shots.

Last edited:
Now live in Edinburgh on the outskirts and often see them at dusk if I’m out running. They sometimes stand their ground and hiss at you. Scarey bastards.

If you want to stop them from digging up your beds, don't let them in the house ;)

I don't recall seeing a live badger in the wild, just the roadkill version.

I was lucky enough to see 4 wild badgers a few years ago in Northumberland, we were on a overnight camp and there was a set about 500 yards from where we were. The land owners son took us up as it was getting dark he had thrown a few peanuts on the ground, great sight.

I was lucky enough to see 4 wild badgers a few years ago in Northumberland, we were on a overnight camp and there was a set about 500 yards from where we were. The land owners son took us up as it was getting dark he had thrown a few peanuts on the ground, great sight.
Apparently they go wild for the old peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back